The Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu enabling act was enacted on 2nd August, 2006. The act provides details on the specific functions; management and other purposes connected therewith the school.
Our mission is to promote competence, expertise and enterprise in Marine Science, Engineering and Technology through the instrumentality of high quality training, purposeful research, high profile career-driven capacity building and pragmatic consultancy services for the maritime and allied industries/commerce in particular and for the peaceful and sustainable development of the Niger Delta region and the entire globe in general.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Burutu, Delta
- This is the Chief Executive of the school and shall be responsible for the day to day administration of the affairs of the school.
- Candidates will be expected to provide academic and professional leadership in the execution of the guidelines laid down by the governing bodies.
- Other duties as specified in the law establishing the school.
Qualification & Experience
- Candidates should be persons of academic eminence of not below the status of Chief Lecturer in a polytechnic of at least five years experience or senior lecturer in a university.
- Candidates should be holders of Doctorate Degree from an NUC recognized /approved institution in a field relevant to at least one program in the school with at least fifteen (15) years teaching and applied research / industrial work experience or holders of Master’s Degree from an NUC recognized institution in relevant field in addition to having seventeen (17) years teaching / applied research / industrial work experience in an NUC recognized / approved institution.
- Candidates should be of exemplary character in honesty, moral rectitude as well as unassailable integrity.
- Demonstrate ability to move the institution forward
- Registration with a recognized professional body and must have experience in running a tertiary institution.
- Demonstrable ability to offer strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy implementation, positive managerial attributes and good public relations
- Demonstrable ability to initiate and supervise applied research
- Candidates must have a sound and clear vision and mission for the institution for the five (5) years.
Terms Of Appointment
- The appointment of the Rector is for a single tenure of five (5) years only.
Deadline: 6th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit seventeen (17) copies of their applications
with curriculum vitae including statement of their own vision for the school and photocopies of relevant credentials in sealed envelopes marked “Post Of Rector” at the top left hand corner and mailed to the address below:
The Office of the Chairman, Governing Council,
Delta State School of Marine Technology,
Burutu, Delta State.
Note: Applications should provide names and addresses of three (3) referees who shall be required to forward confidential reports on the candidates.