We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
- The Warehouse Supervisor supervises daily activities of warehouse to ensure safe and efficient storage and retrieval of district supplies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise receipt of all shipments. Process receiving, discrepancy, and damage reports as needed.
- Move inventory to various locations manually and by operating mechanical equipment, including fork lift, pallet jack, and handcart.
- Load and unload delivery truck by hand or with pallet jack.
- Assume responsibility for delivery of all items received by warehouse to the department on a daily basis.
- Evaluate complaints received on shipments of equipment and supplies and take appropriate action.
- Supervise warehousing and storage of all supplies and equipments.
- Supervise maintenance of computerized inventory records.
- Initiate all purchase requests to keep stock items available at all times.
- Maintain catalog of all items available from warehouse and furnish current catalogs to all departments.
- Develop and recommend procedures for orderly replacement of existing movable equipment as it becomes obsolete or deteriorates.
- Supervise, evaluate, and train employees assigned to warehouse.
- Direct and maintain a safety program for all employees assigned to warehouse.
- Initiate and maintain proper and necessary safety and fire prevention equipment within warehouse as prescribed by law and firm policy.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with construction projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Facility Services Department.
Qualification and Experience
- HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Management or similar
- Five years plus experience in warehouse operations
- Background in material handling and purchasing
- Knowledge of computerized inventory and tracking systems
- Ability to operate hand tools and mechanical equipment
- Ability to operate personal computer
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Support For: Director of Construction
- Under the supervision of Construction Director, the ideal candidate will be responsible for more complex administrative and managerial work involving initiative and responsibility in directing a very large sized operation. In this position, the candidate advises and recommends on major plans and policies
- Also, He/She will be expected to analyze and solve problems with independence of action and will identify and initiate action in problem areas.
As an Administrative Assistant, Duties include:
- Ensured production agendas remained on track and within projected guidelines.
- Conducted research using internet and other resources in order to accommodate specific project needs.
- Provided Human Resource and payroll department backup as necessary.
- Created, managed and organized all file systems and folders.
- Managed day-to-day operations for all construction sites.
- Scheduled and managed current and upcoming projects.
- Managed billing and collections for all project.
- Created, managed and organized all file systems and folders; hard copy and on the computer
- Managed day-to-day operations for all construction sites
- Scheduled and managed job site safety meetings, management and organization of construction office
- Answered phones, and directed trades
- Organized site meetings with the trades, developed a good relationship with trades and the building department
- Ensured strict confidentiality regarding all business and client matters. Took minutes at executive meetings.
- Authored, maintained, and distributed a myriad of financial and production reports including cash flow reports, invoices, purchase orders, contracts, vendor, and job files.
- Tertiary Diploma in Office Administration
- Additional qualifications in Office Administration
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to prepare reports and statements.
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with the public, private industry and government personnel.
- Knowledge of the objectives, functions and relating policy and regulations of the department.
- Knowledge of effective government procedures and practices in the fields of personnel, budgeting or accounting.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques employed in effective office administration and management.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret statutes and regulations.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] using the position applied as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.