Benin Medical Care is a world class healthcare facility in the heart of Benin city, along Adesuwa Grammar School Road. Benin Medical Care was commissioned on the 1st Day of November 2019. The most effective attacks on acute mass poverty consist of access to health and education. It is for this reason, Benin Medical Care was birthed. In Nigeria, access to quality health services has been on the decline since the inception of the economic crisis of 1980s. Primary healthcare centres and urban medical facilities are ill-equipped on average by today’s standard; This has lead to wealthy Nigerians opting for medical treatment abroad while the average Nigerian is left to contend with substandard medical services. Benin Medical Care has been established to bridge this gap in healthcare services provision between the wealthy and low-income individuals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiologist
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Attend rostered sessions and perform work according to the weekly timetable
- Provide clinically appropriate assessment, interpretation and reporting on imaging following accepted professional guidelines
- Ensure reports are dictated/transcribed and authorised on a continuing and timely basis
- Work with other team members to mutually agreed work schedules and waiting list management processes, in consultation with the Head of Department / Service Manager.
- Facilitate access to imaging and provide timely reporting that facilitates efficient patient flows and meets treatment objectives
- Be available to respond to referrals from the Emergency Department and provide timely turn around of formal radiology reports in accordance with the departmental schedule of responsibilities
- Advise the referrer of unexpected incidental findings identified on imaging
- Make telephone contact with the referrer to advise of findings that require critical and urgent intervention
- Patients will be given a full explanation of all procedures and treatments.
- Informed consent will be obtained from all patients before undertaking any test or procedures in accordance with the Organisation’s policy
- Effective interpersonal relationships will be maintained with staff and patients and families.
- The Consultant will be familiar with the role of consumer affairs/complaints officer, cultural concerns, patient rights and relevant current legislation.
- Problems and complaints will be handled sensitively and expediently. Input into complaint investigation will be provided as requested by HOD / Service Managers or delegate
- Ensure that junior medical staff are given clear guidance and are aware of the expectations and relevant organisational policies pertaining to the Department.
- Utilise resources (investigations options, staff resources and session time) in a rational way within agreed protocols and guidelines.
- Adhere to the protocols, guidelines and practice standards pertaining to the area of clinical practice
- Communicate effectively with and provide advice on inpatients referred by hospital specialist colleagues for assessment, within a timeframe appropriate to the clinical circumstances.
- Provide verbal advice to GP’s who telephone for assistance.
- Attend and actively participate in clinical departmental meetings
- Will prioritise referrals according to departmental policies, developed under the leadership of the HOD.
- Vetting of incoming diagnostic referrals for appropriateness using recognised access criteria and suggestion of alternative imaging where relevant
- Ensure that formal teaching of junior medical staff occurs as scheduled.
- Contribute to in-service programmes as scheduled.
- Be available to cover their colleagues when they are sick or on leave (within the constraints of their existing workloads). Such additional hours shall be worked and remunerated as mutually agreed.
- Contribute to management and other service activities including quality initiatives, complaint investigations, reviews, service planning and clinical advice
- The consultant will, as far as time permits, be available to assist community groups and specialist societies in health promotion and will be available at the request of the General Manager Hospital and Specialist Services or HOD to make comments through the media on matters concerning public health.
- Provide guidance and support to junior medical staff in order to develop and maintain their clinical practice.
- Hold regular discussions, where appropriate, with other health professionals to ensure a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 10 – 15 years experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject matter
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021.