Human Capital Partners (HCP) – Our client is a reputable Construction company. As part of on-going initiatives to strengthen its operations and enhance its capacity to achieve its goals, they seek to recruit a dynamic, passionate, and resourceful professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor Manager
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Preparing BOQ and budgets for projects and he/ she will monitor such projects to ensure that the company’s profit, time and quality objectives are achieved consistently.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of four (6) years’ cognate experience from a well-structured organisation.
- A thorough knowledge of construction contracts management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and grasp new ideas both independently and collaboratively.
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation, and energy with an ability to work well within a commercial team.
- Ensure that targeted profit margins for each project milestones are achieved.
- This should be done through very strict project monitoring programs.
- Ensure that accurate and reliable Bills of Quantities and Budget are prepared for all projects and approved by relevant authority.
- Copies of approved budget must be made available to the Site Project leader and the Accountant.
- Quotation for variation works must be prepared and the consultant Quantity Surveyor approval obtained at least a week before commencement of the job on site except in exceptional cases that must be brought to the prior knowledge of the senior Engineer or General Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that all materials required on project site are made available timely.
- Ensure that all requests for payment and reimbursement are properly vetted before presentation for approval for payment.
- Track and evaluate project performance against stated performance indicators and remediate as required.
Deadline: 18th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.