Freedom Project Tribe, a business networking company in Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Marketing Campaign Planning and Execution
- Work with stakeholders to design, plan, organize, prioritize, execute and measure the performance of simultaneous, multi-channel marketing activities.
- Propose detailed marketing campaign plans, messaging strategies, competitive positioning, and go-to-market approaches that appeal to potential and existing customers
- Work with channel owners to continuously test and scale new approaches focused on driving customer acquisition and engagement, brand awareness, and advocacy
- Create and present performance reports on local marketing activities and KPIs to management
- Track marketing team expenses and prepare and maintain channel pricing research and campaign budgets in collaboration with team and management
- Establish a campaign planning protocol involving all relevant stakeholders, ranging from brainstorming meetings to conceptualize campaigns, to collaborating on clear execution briefs and proposals, assigning and following up on deliverables, and reporting on progress and performance.
- Establish and implement frameworks, timelines, priorities, and tasks to ensure team goals are met and use appropriate tools to transparently track and follow up on progress, ensuring 100% adoption across team members of agreed-upon processes
Project and People Management
- Constantly document, design, and improve operational processes to enhance channel and campaign performance, drive team efficiency and alignment and increase individual productivity
- Lead and facilitate communication between internal and external stakeholders involved in projects you drive, carrying all relevant team members along and ensuring alignment
- Coordinate the day to day execution of tasks carried out by the marketing team, follow up on deliverables, monitor and guide project details and help, pivot, and escalate as needed
- Project manage events executed by the marketing department on the ground, such as press conferences, raffles, product launches, roadshows, video production, etc.
- Support colleagues with the development and tracking of KPIs and OKRs for the department
- Collect weekly tasks lists and performance reports from marketing team members, coordinating team to ensure that these are submitted on time
- First-pass review of proposals, calendars, and plans by marketing team members, assisting with idea development, document structure, and copywriting
- Degree from a top university, additional marketing and/or project management qualifications a plus
- 3+ years of experience of working in a dynamic startup or agency – comfortable working as part of an international, cross-cultural team and matrix organization
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to quality
- Highly entrepreneurial. You have a proven ability to teach yourself new skills and are hands-on. You naturally take ownership and just get things done.
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and project management tools such as Slack, Asana, and Gantt charts
- Proven background of executing successful multichannel campaigns in the Nigerian market
- Proactive communicator, effective relationship builder, and collaborative problem-solver.
- Ability to work across organizational lines, and influence without authority
- Applications from women are highly encouraged!
- Creativity and storytelling: You will be conceptualizing how to turn product features into marketing campaigns
- Copywriting and presentation skills: Your work will involve creating PowerPoint and project plans, writing and reviewing copy for the website, press releases, emails, push/SMS, social media, and advertising
- Project and people management: You’ll be working on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with a lean, collaborative team
- Analytical: You use research and data to answer questions, track results and inform improvement ideas Requirements