The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation with 18 Member States and more than 350 staff members. Active in more than 90 countries worldwide, it takes a regional approach in its work to create efficient cooperation and partnerships along migration routes. Priority regions include Africa, Central and South Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Its three-pillar approach to migration management – structurally linking research, migration dialogues and capacity building – contributes to better migration policy development worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Job ID: 186
Organizational Unit: Anti-Trafficking Programme
Duration of Assignment: 12 months
- ICMPD is implementing component 3 of the project ‘Organized Crime: West African Response to Trafficking’ (OCWAR-T), September 2019-December 2022 in collaboration with the ECOWAS Commission, Abuja, Nigeria.
- ICMPD is also supporting the implementation of the project ‘Strengthening the Provision of Support for Reintegration of Vulnerable Persons, including Victims of Trafficking, returning to Nigeria (PROSPECT)’ (September 2021-June 2022) under the framework of the European Return and Reuntegration Network (ERRIN).
- The Project Assistant will be part of the ICMPD Anti-Trafficking Progamme (ATP) based in Abuja, Nigeria. The assignment will be undertaken in the premises of the ICMPD Regional office for West Africa and will include travel in the ECOWAS region and Mauritania (as required).
- The Project Assistant will work under the supervision of the Project Manager who is also based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Function (Task Identity)
- The Project Assistant implements administrative processes and provides support to implementation of activities implemented in West Africa (OCWAR-T, PROSPECT) as well as to support the development of new projects.
- S/he cultivates smooth working relationships with the project stakeholders and partners at the working level.
- The Project Assistant prepares administrative documents and correspondence. S/he implements processes in support of recruitment and procurement actions in line with ICMPD rules and procedures and administers contracts. S/he processes payments and maintains project´s filing system.
- The Project Assistant provides support to the implementation of project activities. S/he organises project events and meetings being responsible for the logistical arrangements and DSA payments.
- S/he collects, compiles and organises inputs to meetings, project reports, presentations, communication materials and towards formulation of new projects.
- The Project Assistant works under the supervision of the Project Manager contributing to a smooth and timely delivery of project activities under the project(s)’s work plan and collaboratively with all members of project team(s) and the counterparts in ICMPD for implementation of the tasks.
Tasks And Responsibilities (Per Job Component)
Support to Project Administration:
- Assist in implementation of project activities in accordance with the work plan.
- Prepare administrative documents, collect and compile inputs to documents.
- Draft routine correspondence for project implementation.
- Implement steps in procurement processes according to ICMPD rules and procedures.
- Collect and control timesheets.
- Administer contracts with service providers, interpreters and experts. Monitor payment schedules and implement payments.
- Process payments in SAP.
- Maintain documents according to the project filing system.
- Prepare inputs to implementation processes such as recruitment of expert, procurement and contracting.
- Implement steps in recruitment processes for project staff and experts according to ICMPD rules and procedures. Prepare vacancy notices, organise expert travel
Support to Project Activities:
- Communicate with stakeholders (participants, partners, experts, contractors, project staff) on routine matters related to project activities
- Assist in the formulation of work plans and provide inputs to project resource planning.
- Assist the project team in all administrative support tasks on-site at meetings, including note taking.
- Implement administrative activities and processes in support to the organisation of project events, workshops and meetings.
- Collect, compile and organise background materials, documents and other materials for meetings.
- Collect, compile and organise inputs to reports, summaries, graphs and presentations in support to various project activities.
- Collect, compile and organise inputs to PI/PR materials as required.
- Provide administrative support to implementation of project communication activities.
- Make visa arrangements, flight bookings, organise meeting facilities and accommodation, social programme, catering, audio-visual equipment, name tags, logistics for arrivals and departures.
- Make calculations for DSA and implement DSA payments in cash.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Support to Project Formulation:
- Collect, compile and organise inputs to formulation of project proposals and documents for new projects.
Key Results (as per Job Component)
- Administrative activities implemented promptly, accurately and efficiently.
- Project activities supported by efficient and timely implementation of logistical support to project events, meetings and workshops.
- Project filing system maintained accurately.
- Payments implemented correctly and timely through SAP.
- Formulation supported by timely and correct preparation of supporting documents.
- Administrative steps in the procurement and recruitment processes implemented timely and in line with ICMPD rules and procedures and following the applicable business processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Administration, Finance and/or Management
- Experience in international projects
- Proficiency in (verbal/written) English; proficiency in French is considered a distinct asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in project administration and implementation of projects in an international organisation context.
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Excellent command of standard MS-office software.
- Experience in organisation of events and meetings.
- Knowledge of ERP systems – knowledge of SAP in an asset.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in managing conflict priorities and working with tight deadlines.
- Annual net-base salary starting at EUR16.356 as per increment 1 of the applicable grade and salary scale for the duty station.
Allowances and Benefits
- Participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund, Health and Accident Insurance, six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, dependent’s allowance and mobility and mobility related allowances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st November, 2021.