The International Center for Investigative Reporting, The ICIR, is an independent, non-profit news agency that promotes transparency and accountability through robust and objective investigative reporting. The ICR’s mission is to promote good governance and entrench democratic values by reporting, exposing, and combating corruption. The Center is envisioned to be a catalyst in encouraging and fostering a tradition of journalistic excellence through creative investigative reporting, online publishing, and training programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of work plans, monitoring plans, and compiling progress reports of ICIR Programs.
- Contribute in the development of funding applications, project proposals, concept notes, and compile progress reports as per ICIR and donor requirements in collaboration with implementing partners and program/finance team
- Provide feedback and implement project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs, and as per the planned budget;
- Based on the work plan, organize training and workshops,
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and program reviews;
- Undertake any other duties within the post holders’ capabilities as appropriate.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality substantive inputs programme strategies and activities;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of activities
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to work plans and budgets;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
Education and Experience
- University Degree in a related field.
- 3 to 6 years of field experience.
- Ability to handle heavy workloads and tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good English language writing and speaking skills
- Reports writing skills
- Documentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent command of computer skills and MS Office.
- Good in proposal writing
Required Competencies and Values:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Integrity & transparency
- Managing and sharing knowledge
- Delivering results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: [email protected] using “Programs Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 9th August, 2022.