ZOA, as an international NGO, supporting vulnerable people affected by violence, conflicts, or natural disasters by helping them to realize dignified and resilient lives. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
We are recruiting well-motivated candidates to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Manager Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Work hours: Full-time
Duration of Position: 3 years
Starting Date: As soon as possible
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA Nigeria is providing relief to people affected by the conflict in North East Nigeria since early 2017. Currently ZOA implements Food Security (in particular cash-based transfers), Livelihoods, WASH, and Peace building projects in Borno State. ZOA is active in a peri-urban setting around Maiduguri and has a field office in Northern Borno, in Monguno town, and in Southwest Borno, in Biu.
- As a Programme Manager (PGM), you will lead the ZOA team in Borno state and provide programmatic direction. You will have integral management responsibility for the realization of the projects in this area, in accordance with applicable internal and external standards.
- To achieve the above, you are also expected to initiate and maintain effective working relations with relevant stakeholders.
- You are a member of the Country Management Team, in which strategic decisions of ZOA in Nigeria (beyond your individual responsibility and mandate) are discussed.
- You will be accountable to the Country Director of ZOA Nigeria.
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Overall leadership and integral management responsibility for program management in Borno state, Nigeria.
Leadership and Management:
- Responsible for all ZOA programme activities within Borno state;
- Member of country management team;
- Gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management and project activities;
- Capacity building and supervision of implementing partners.
- Develop a strategic vision for the programme area, based on an ongoing context analysis;
- Prepare an annual plan for the programme area, with the corresponding annual programme- and project area budgets, as an input to the Annual Country Plan;
- Reporting – monthly and quarterly activity reporting, including realization of activities versus target;
- (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting.
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes and the development of new proposals and budgets for prospective donors;
HR / Admin / Finance:
- Human Resource Management: effective team building and good working relationship for programme staff;
- Supervision and periodical evaluation of the performance of ZOA staff in Borno;
- As budget owner, authorize project activities implemented in the programme area on the basis of budgets approved by donors;
- Support the implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures;
- In collaboration with the Manager of Operations (MoO) in Maiduguri, ensure (in)direct costs are allocated to project budgets.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Humanitarian, Development or other relevant field;
- Three (3) to five (5) years field experience in a development country;
- Solid knowledge of Project Cycle Management;
- Good spoken and written command of English.
- At least three years Management experience in a comparable function;
- Participative leadership
- Provides regular feedback, acknowledges success and the need for improvement;
- Coaches, challenges and provides opportunities for growth.
- Organizational sensitivity;
- Writing skills;
- Effective delegation;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitive;
- Able to work under pressure and with strict deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
- You will be based in Borno state, Nigeria;
- This is not a family or accompanied post;
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post.
- ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country, and good benefits and remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th September, 2021.