International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Administrative Assistant (Logistics Support)
Organizational Unit: Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager and under the direct supervision of the RR Project Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and general office programme support for the implementation of the Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR) Programme in Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support; prepare purchase requests, requests for payment and follow up all procurement
- Ensure proper documentation and filling of the project administrative and financial documents and data collection forms.
- Maintain an inventory database and assist in monitoring and maintaining a tracking system for all procurement and logistics requests.
- Prepare requisitions of all the supplies and activities, as assigned, ensuring accuracy in the specifications and timely delivery, collate procurement requests for approvals.
- Coordinate with the Programme Manager and Resource Management Unit (RMU), to provide additional support on follow-up of project implementation including commitments and budget expenditure, and the program’s financial analysis.
- Monitor and track stock of office supplies and orders, request for replenishment when required.
- Monitor office maintenance, supplies, organize repair of office equipment.
- Prepare travel authorizations and arrangements in conjunction with meetings, workshops, conferences, track and prepare itinerary, prepare associated documentations, facilitate visa application for staff and consultants.
- Support coordination of agendas of meetings, workshops, visits, study tours, and necessary logistics, etc.
- Undertake duty travel when necessary.
- Support the Project Manager on monitoring of budget expenditure, based on purchase request, and payment processes.
- Support the organization of knowledge management activities, and sessions for the programme staff.
- Assist, in all other administrative functions, as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited academic institution in Social Sciences / Humanities / Development Studies or any related area; or an equivalent combination of Education, Training & Experience or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience in Social Sciences/Humanities/Development Studies.
- High School Diploma in the above fields with 4 years of relevant working experience with specific focus in Social Sciences/Humanities/Development Studies.
- Experience in liaising with other national/international institutions, the UN and NGOs
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and experience in working with databases and online applications.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: [email protected] using “SVN2022.154 Abuja, Nigeria. Programme Administrative Assistant (Logistics Support) Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR) SST” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 18th November, 2022.