The General Ibrahim Attahiru Foundation (GIAF) is a national non-profit organisation that focuses on public leadership, peace building and social development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Administrative and Finance Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT) ,
Contract type: Full-time Internship
Contract duration: Six (6) months
Proposed Start Date: Mid-September 2021
We are looking to recruit anenergetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person with strong admin skills to fill the position ofProgramme Administrative and Finance Intern
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the incumbent may have responsibilities that include but are not limited to
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Programme team
- When required, set up team meetings, record meeting minutes and allocate actions
- Assist in preparing, proofreading grammar, reviewing style and editing official documents, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Processing and raising Purchase Order numbers for invoices
- Regularly update and maintainproject financial reports
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information on projects
- Assist with project travel arrangements as and when required
- You may also be required to undertake other assignments from time to time, depending on the project’s needs.
- Assist with reporting, drafting, and editing of content for print, web and multimedia, events, and publications
- Information & Records Management – store relevant project data and general project records
- Assist with creation of Project Initiation Documents for new projects
- Coordinating inputs to project forecasting (revenue and costs)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or HND in any discipline with a minimum of one (1) year of work experience
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- ICT skills – MS Applications, online publishing applications, etc.
- Highly organised, strong attention to detail and ability to take initiative and to work accurately within deadlines and with limited supervision
- Confidence to deal with senior personnel
- Must be resident in Abuja
- Experience working with an NGO or Project-based environment is desirable
- Experience in providing administrative support in a busy working environment
- Some Financial Management and Accounting skills
The successful candidate must demonstrate and abide by the values of the organisation. Values include integrity, commitment to public good and professionalism. The candidate must demonstrate sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, age, race, nationality, and religion.
Delivering results: Consistently approach work with energy and a positive attitude. Produces and delivers quality results promptly and is committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Planning & organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
Salary: Monthly Stipends
How to Apply
Send your curriculum vitae/resume and cover letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Application Deadline 3rd September, 2021