The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund grant with the overarching objective of accelerating TB case notification in the state. As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry is legally responsible for the overall management of the grant, ensuring attainment of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill this mandate, the Ministry established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out these functions. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, SASCP, and RSSH) within the ministry, Sub-Recipients (SRs), and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is efficiently managed and implemented in compliance with the grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Unit: Grant Management
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration of Contract: 11 months (February 2023 to December 2023) with the possibility of extension.
- Contribute to the technical and programmatic support for the implementation of high-quality comprehensive TB interventions across all supported LGAs in compliance with the policies and procedures of the Global Fund.
- Support the implementation of program activities (TB, HIV and Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health – RSSH) in accordance with the approved work plan, budget and national guidelines for successful implementation of the grant and reporting of the grant performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and overall guidance of the Grant Management Coordinator, support the capacity assessment of program implementers, identifying gaps, developing and implementing action plans for improvement, including coordination of technical assistance across all the components (TB, HIV and RSSH) on the NGA-T-LSMOH Grant.
- Support the development, management and oversight of Sub Recipient (SR) agreements, including work plans and budgets for approval by the GMU Coordinator and the Permanent Secretary.
- Support the Sub Recipient on the optimization of comprehensive TB and other wraparound services in the facilities and communities by facilitating implementation of key strategies/ interventions as approved in the grant’s implementation plan.
- Support the periodical update of the program implementation plan, including the development of reprogramming requests in line with Global Fund policies and procedures, in collaboration with the GMU team.
- Provide ongoing support to the LSMOH HIV, TB and RSSH Program units on the overall management of their components of the grant
- Support the development of training curricula, Standards Operating Procedures (SOPs) and monitoring of programmatic activities conducted on the grant.
- Provide timely update to the Program Manager on grant progress, constraints, and other issues and assist with the identification of appropriate responses.
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager, provide feedback, support to the Sub Recipients, Technical Assistant Providers and LSMOH Implementing Units (SASCP, STBLCP and RSSH) on implementation of grant activities and proactively identify areas for improvement and attention that will enhance grant performance
- Support the regular assessment of performance by Sub Recipients and Technical Assistant Providers of NGA-T-LSMOH grant for determination of funding and incentives for performance to achieve grant objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager of the Global Fund Grant Management Unit.
Experience and Qualifications
- A health-related or Social Sciences Degree. Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Demography will be an added advantage
- Must have 5 – 7 years’ experience in the implementation of public health programs. Experience implementing Tuberculosis and HIV disease programs is essential.
- Strong analytical skills and creativity with experience in academic writing and data reporting and interpretation skills
- Proficiency in MS office suite of applications
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic organization with matrix management structure.
- Strong knowledge of the national TB guidelines especially with active case finding strategies.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in health systems strengthening initiatives in line with the WHO building blocks and management of health programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th December, 2022; 5:00 PM
- Candidates should Upload their CV.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
- The successful candidate is expected to resume by February 2023