JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the USAID-funded MOMENTUM (Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services to Scale) Round 3B, known as MOMENTUM-Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE).
- M-RITE’s overarching goal is to sustainably strengthen routine immunization programs to: 1) overcome the entrenched obstacles contributing to stagnating and declining immunization rates in USAID-supported countries, and 2) address the barriers to reaching zero-dose and under-immunized children with life-saving vaccines and other health services. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the disruption of immunization services, M-RITE will also support countries with the maintenance, adaptation, and/or reinstatement of immunization and support countries as they roll out the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In Nigeria, M-RITE will bring its expertise to strengthen national COVID-19 vaccination efforts through participation in national-level COVID-19 technical working groups and work in 5 states to support the national SCALES 3.0 strategy.
- M-RITE will support microplanning and work to build demand and acceptance for the vaccine in partnership with states to mitigate the risk of misinformation and hesitancy among health workers and other priority populations, support the design and implementation of communications and community engagement strategies to promote uptake of the vaccine and help develop and review monitoring tools.
- In addition, M-RITE will provide technical assistance to support routine immunization strengthening in 5 states, applying a co-creation approach to improve equitable coverage with a focus on identifying, understanding, and reaching zero dose and under-immunized children and communities.
Summary of Position Description
- The Program Officer will support the M-RITE technical team in the coordination and implementation of M-RITE activities at the national and sub-national levels.
- This individual will work closely with the Country Director and the technical team to support the planning and coordination of M-RITE program activities to strengthen the immunization system and support COVID-19 vaccination in Nigeria.
- The Program Officer will monitor the M-RITE workplan and collaborate with finance managers and the monitoring evaluation and learning team to support knowledge management and sharing of program successes and lessons.
- The successful candidate will need strong communication, collaboration, and partnership-building skills.
- The PO will be a key member of the M-RITE Nigeria team, working with technical, finance, and administrative staff to support M-RITE Nigeria and will work under the supervision of the M-RITE Country Director.
Specific Tasks include:
- Coordinate processes to support the development, monitoring, and documentation of the M-RITE Nigeria workplan activities, priorities, approaches, and learning.
- Facilitate the development of project workplans and budgets, and support the day-to-day. implementation of workplan activities
- Work with technical teams to revise key planning and management documents to track the progress of implementation and country activities.
- Manage the planning and rollout of special technical events, such as conferences, webinars, and workshops.
- Support the MEL Advisor in project performance monitoring and reporting.
- Collaborate with the global team on strategic planning and work planning for consistency relating to M-RITE program priorities, strategic approaches, and learning. This includes harmonizing core and fieldwork plans, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans, performance monitoring plans (PMP), and budgets.
- Assist in the development and production of program deliverables, such as annual reports, quarterly reports, USAID Mission reports, and other deliverables.
- Assist in organizing official visits, meetings, and conferences.
- Compile background material and drafts for seminars and conferences.
- Liaise with M-RITE global level team to develop and promote activities and achievements via social media and website.
- Work with M-RITE staff in writing, editing, and fact-checking of communications materials, including success stories, technical briefs, tools, and other reports.
- Assist in documenting and disseminating country results, either via newsletters, success stories, quarterly reports, or other reporting mechanisms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline; an Advanced Degree in Medicine, Public Health, or Nutrition preferred.
- At least three years of experience in public health or a related field; experience with immunization-related activities required.
- Computer literacy is required (Excel, MS Word, and Windows); familiarity with accounting and database software is highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team setting.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage various activities in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of the immunization program and environment in Nigeria.
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with team members, donors, and other cooperating agencies.
- Comfortable independently managing multiple long and short-term tasks simultaneously.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and confident to request clarity when necessary.
- Team-oriented, supportive work style with a willingness to work outside of the role when necessary. A good listener respects others’ points of view, engages and motivates others.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Sense of humor.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Develop and encourage new and innovative solutions.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between important and urgent tasks, and quickly prioritize in a fast-paced, fluid, start-up environment.
- Demonstrates the highest levels of integrity and encourages openness and transparency.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in a fast-paced environment with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in English and a list of three referees with contact details to: [email protected] with the subject line “Program Officer”.
- JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted