Education as a Vaccine (EVA) is a youth-led, youth-focused non-profit organization created to work in partnership with children, adolescents, and young people to advance their health rights and protect them from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities, providing direct services, and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Advocacy and Policy Influencing
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Organization Unit: Programs
Reports to: Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy Influencing
Working hours: Minimum of 45 hours per week.
- Are you a youth leader?
- Are you passionate about social justice?
- Do you want to support adolescents and young people to advocate for a better quality of life for themselves and their peers?
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation of Advocacy and Policy Influencing program team activities at community, state, national, regional and global levels.
- Provide technical inputs into the design and implementation of project activities, develop advocacy strategies, deliver capacity-building activities, develop and review advocacy tools, conduct social mobilization activities, and develop relevant communication materials.
- Track project inputs, outputs, and outcomes using EVA’s monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Contribute to technical briefs and publications to be shared with external stakeholders.
- Support the development of organizational newsletter, updates, and annual reports.
- Contribute to the development of proposals and concept papers.
- Manage financial information and reporting requirements of EVA policy and advocacy-related grants.
- Support supervision and oversight of fellows and interns on EVA’s advocacy team.
- Support EVA’s advocacy agenda and play a key role in implementing EVA’s policy analyses, advocacy initiatives, events, and related communications activities.
- With support from the Team Lead, identify, cultivate, and expand the network of key political allies, including relevant Nigerian government agencies, key lawmakers, staffers, advocates, NGOs/FBOs, multilateral, and the private sector to advance the policy and advocacy agenda of EVA and the coalitions the organization belongs to.
- Handle any other task or responsibility assigned by the Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy Influencing.
- The Program Officer (PO), Advocacy and Policy Influencing, will work directly with the Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy influencing to strategically contribute to the design and implementation of EVA’s policy and advocacy work.
- She/he will manage the coalitions and initiatives in relevant advocacy alliances and forums and coordinate EVA’s participation in social accountability and advocacy-related communication activities.
- The PO will also liaise with counterparts in other field offices for coordination and work with the program assistants, interns and volunteers in the Advocacy and Policy Influencing Team.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Community Development, Public Health, Public policy, International Affairs or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant volunteer/work experience in creation and implementation of policy and advocacy initiatives
Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and Humanitarian context
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and tact, to be able to liaise effectively; with a range of stakeholders, including NGO partners, community leaders, beneficiaries, key population and government officials;
- The ability for creative problem solving and innovation in complex and /or restrictive working environments
- User-level computer literacy (Ms office package, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness to travel.
- Familiarity with policies influencing and related to sexual and reproductive health and gender issues, especially with regards to children, adolescent girls and young women in Nigeria
- Good networking and alliance building skills
- Able to work under time pressure and long hours whenever required;
- A high level of social-cultural sensitivity when dealing with colleagues, partners and beneficiaries.
- NGN80,000 – NGN90,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th May, 2021.