The Christopher Kolade Foundation (CKF) was founded in 1997 as a platform through which its founder, Dr. Christopher Kolade, would make contributions to the development of Nigeria. Guided by an enduring legacy of integrity, professionalism, professional ethics and continuous learning that Dr. Kolade is known for, the Foundation will focus on Education as its key strategic initiative. Particular attention would be given to promoting Girl-Child Education, Leadership and Governance Education, Christian and Theological Education and Education in Inter-faith Relations. The Foundation also aims to make contributions in improving public education and literacy levels in Nigeria.
In 2016 the Foundation launched the SHE Initiative, a flagship program designed to stir the girlchild’s curiosity and interest in exploring the world of science and technology and to equip participants with life-long skills in those fields, while also offering personal development, leadership and ethics education. Over 900 girls from 10 Lagos State public schools have so far benefitted from SHE Initiative programs, including an annually delivered girls-only science and technology camp, the only one of its scale and standard in Western Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Foundation seeks a Program Coordinator (PC) to perform administrative functions and provide support for program planning and implementation for the SHE Initiative, and other projects of the Foundation.
- The position offers an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to hone their skills in nonprofit program design and delivery, fundraising, and Foundation operations. The PC will report to the Foundation consultant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with planning and overseeing programs and events
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, presentations, reports and other technical documents
- Assist in overseeing organization and program budget
- Assist in preparing financial reports
- Place and answer telephone calls
- Review all incoming correspondence; identify urgent matters, and ensure that all correspondence are handled expeditiously
- Prepare other routine correspondence
- Maintain organization and project calendar and monitor deadlines
- Send out reminders of impending meetings
- Attend and take minutes at board meetings
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Conduct program and fundraising researches
- Create newsletter and other bulk correspondence to stakeholders
- Handle clerical tasks including copying, scanning, printing
- Monitor office supplies and make orders as needed
- Develop and maintain program databases
- Ensure that paper and computer files are accurate, complete and current
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Sociology or other related social sciences fields
- Relevant post NYSC work experience.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing and editorials skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other computer and webbased information technologies
- Passionate about producing quality work
- Eager to learn.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Exhibits ability to multitask
- Entrepreneurial and creative
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their Resume and Cover Letter indicating salary requirements to: [email protected] and using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st May, 2021.