Grow Strong Foundation (GSF) is a Non- Profit Organization Established in 2017 and incorporated in 2018 with registration number RC 106092. We believe in promoting and protecting the welfare of vulnerable people from all forms of social, Economic and emotional discrimination through Peace Building, Education, Protection, health care, advocacy and sensitization and awareness Programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Locations: Adamawa, Borno & Yobe
Duration: 7 months with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Program Manager GSF
- The purpose of this Program Assistant position is to support in providing administrative support to team members throughout the planning and implementation of programs under the ongoing education cannot wait and other projects in the Yobe axis.
- The duties include communicating between program participants and managerial staff, creating and updating program schedules and assisting in the planning and managing program events.
- Program Assistant Damaturu, Yobe with frequent supervisory visits to Neighboring LGAs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Administrative Support
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Programme Management Support
- Financial Management Support
- Programme Management Support
- Preparing documentation for grants
- Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking. .
- Help the team in providing guidance to the country and project offices on routine implementation of the project, tracking use of financial resources.
- Processing payments for vendors and suppliers
- Attending meetings and writing report
- Maintaining office calendars and sending out reminders to Head quarters
- Attending sector meeting and reports as may be required from time to time
- Compiling and sending bulk mailings
- Proofreading and making copies of documents
- Assisting in the planning and overseeing significant events
- Assisting in managing the budget for special and routine events.
Administrative Support to the Programme Unit:
- Travel regularly to other project implementation locations for monitoring and support implementation
- Provide administrative support to the program team in the organization of events, meetings and workshops, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for the program team and project staff, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to- date filing. Maintain both hardcopies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Prepare presentation material/slides in Power-point for presentations for the meetings/workshops and keep all papers ready for meetings.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence.
- Maintain and organize up-to-date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Completion of Higher education is required. University Degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration or related field is an asset.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience with administrative tasks and Program Implementations in the Humanitarian Sector.
- Experience in implementing education related project
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages. Experience in Creative Writing is an advantage.
- Work experience in administrative support of development programme project is an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative thinking
- Proper compositional practices
- Strong inclination for customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Familiarity with office equipment, intercom systems and fax machines
- Strong organizational skills
- Polite, clear and compelling communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and oral communication skill is required.
- Working knowledge on other local languages is an asset.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitates and encourages open communication, and strives for effective communication.
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stays composed and positive even in difficult moments and handles tense situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development, and applies newly acquired skills.
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrates informed and transparent decision making.
- Work in teams: Demonstrates ability to work in a multicultural environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Conflict Management: Addresses conflicts proactively, striving for mutually acceptable solutions.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrates and safeguards ethics and integrity.
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Development and Innovation: Takes charge of self-development and takes initiative.
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the programme team, including logistical support.
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, also under time constraints.
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with partners demonstrating understanding of client’s perspective; anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly.
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
N100,000 – N150,000 Monthly Gross.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & Cover Letter in one PDF document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Grow Strong Foundation subscribes to equal opportunities for all without any bias in terms of race, gender, ethnic or cultural background
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2022.