PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Operator – 5 (Packing Plant Operator)
Job Requisition ID: JR000202
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Department: Manufacturing (Production / Packing)
OU/Country: PZ Wilmar Nigeria
Revision number: 03
Document No: PZW/MS/F/0035
Why does the job exist?
- To operate and maintain optimal continuous packaging of all SKUs at high efficiencies and acceptable quality, safety to the operator and housekeeping conditions.
- To take ownership of the machine and equipment proper cleaning and daily routine maintenance.
- To help Factory leadership in identifying and articulating all improvement needs.
The key outputs of the job:
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
- To produce and hygienically fill non defective jerry cans (bottles or pouches) accurately with wholesome product Calibration of all top load scales must be done on shift basisMaintains equipment in optimum condition
- Keeps the environment of the packing plant especially your work area clean in line with GMP and 5s philosophy
- To comply with all safety rules laid down in the Packing plant Ensures all production tank levels are monitored and kept within control during operations
- Replaces oil filter bags as at when due as stated in the operational procedure
- Ensures the readiness of production machinery as well as packaging and raw materials as per the day’s production schedule.
- To ensure compliance with relevant QMS, Food Safety, OHS & EMS policies and procedures.
- To identify and rate the department activities aspects and develop programs where necessary, to help control those aspects that could have adverse impact on the environment.
- Operates the equipment to obtain consistent and continuous operation of the plant in line with the detailed production plans.
- Takes and record operational parameters at required intervals
- Troubleshoots minor problems
- To do all tasks in line with laid down QMS, GMP, HACCP & FSMS policies
EMS, OHSMS and FSSC Responsibilities
- Implement and comply with EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Understand and apply the intent of the EMS/FSSC/OHS policy and requirements to assigned jobs
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified OHS procedures or legal requirements.
- Ensure prompt escalation (adequate communication) of any food safety related issues to any FSTM, FSTL and or next line of reporting manager.
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and the importance of conformity to the EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements.
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with their work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Pay attention to minute detail.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Great physical health.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
- Computer literate
- Proactive and able to implement continual improvement program.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Minimum of School Certificate or OND holder in any discipline, preferably in Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Science.
- 0 – 2 years work experience in a similar position
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Operation, Supply & Distribution Team
- Technical team (Q.A., SHE etc.)
- Warehouse team
- Human Resources (H.R.).
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- Production team (Refinery, Packing Plant)
- Engineering and Maintenance Team
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Reports to Shift Leader
- Peers are other Packing Plant Operators
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Alignment to the BEST! values is assumed to be critical to all PZC roles.
- All employees are also responsible for complying with their duties and responsibilities under both national legislation and Company policies regarding Health and Safety, Data Protection and Dignity at Work.