Asharami Energy Limited (a Sahara Group upstream Company) is one of Africa’s leading independent E &P players with a diverse portfolio of 9 oil and gas assets in prolific basins across Africa. Asharami Energy Limited and Sahara Energy Fields Holdings UK limited are the entities at the forefront of our upstream operations.
These assets are at various stages of development ranging from exploratory fields to mature producing fields with huge potential for positive returns.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Operations Supervisor
Location: Benin, Edo
Job Type: Full Time
Line Manager: Production Operations Manager
- Asharami Energy needs an individual who will be accountable and responsible for managing all field operations activities aimed at protecting and adding value to Asharami Energy by ensuring that all activities in the field are carried out in a safe, cost effective and environmentally responsible manner.
- These activities may include but not limited to mentoring and development of less experienced production staff, proper production assets management including wells, flow lines, vessels, pumps etc and ensuring effective achievement of BP production targets. Other functions include production records keeping, protection of equipment, ensuring HSSE policy compliance and driving departmental cost control initiatives within field operations.
- Supervise Operations of Oil / Gas Wells, Remote manifolds, Flow stations, Gas plant and associated assets in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with stipulated guidelines.
- Measure and report production volumes accurately daily and ensure production losses are minimised.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on wells and facilities to ensure stability.
- Prepare the wells and facilities / equipment for (re) commencement of production/processing.
- Manage day-to-day production operations field activities and manage safety and environmental issues.
- Liaises with onshore production support engineers regarding production issues.
- Perform monthly well test and sampling of producing wells.
- Perform periodic well integrity assurance tasks and activities (both well’s flow-wetted and non-flow-wetted components).
- Ensure optimized chemical injection rates are followed as advised.
- Responsible for preparing equipment for maintenance including isolation, draining, steaming, and other procedures as required.
- Perform daily first line monitoring of process parameters and variables.
- Report any breach of safety procedures to supervision / management.
- Proactively inspect facilities with a view to proposing and implementing appropriate preventive maintenance action.
- Ensure that CASHES Polices are implemented. Ensure strict compliance with 14 live saving rules and target zero.
- Provide adequate mentoring and training for less experience personnel.
- Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in oil and gas industry experience with minimum of 10 years in a direct HC production asset management role.
- Strong statistical and analytical orientation.
- Target driven.
- Good innovative ability.
- Work with limited supervision and self-starter .
- Working knowledge of key maintenance procedures and sparing philosophy required.
- Good knowledge of standard oil field practices especially in emergency response situations and procedure for medevac or personnel evacuation.
- Interdepartmental relations.
- Regulatory Authorities.
- JV Partners.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply