MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
Job Type: Permanent
The job responsibilities of the Procurement Manager include the following:
- Coordinate the accurate completion of purchase requisitions from user units within the Technical department and other Non-Technical functions;
- Receive and review all requisitions for the purchase of technical and non-technical items, ensuring they are properly approved and within budget.
- Support the implementation of inventory management policies and procedures, upon due approval by the Head, Procurement and relevant authorities within the organization;
- Receive, record, review and oversee proper documentation of all technical stock (technical department items);
- Maintain an updated inventory records management system ;
- Be abreast of the latest inventory management and material handling tools, technology and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate authorization for the release of stocks as well as proper documentation for relocation of items;
- Proactively track the movement of inventory items from one location to another;
- Update system records of items against physical balances.
- Receive all inventory items ordered, match with PO and update the inventory records regularly;
- Conduct periodic demand planning to determine needs and requirements for goods and services
- Ensure all vendors are profiled with due diligence carried out to establish integrity and credibility of vendors.
- Ensure registration of vendors, blacklisting where appropriate and maintain Vendor Master Data.
- Source, process and coordinate the analysis of valid quotations/ tenders for approved items;
- Engage in Tendering, evaluation of quotations and negotiations with suppliers/ vendors with the approval of Head, Procurement and coordinate the issuance of purchase orders, after due approvals have been obtained;
- Ensure all purchase orders are authorized by management, dispatched to vendors for acknowledgement and file with supporting documents;
- Review vendor invoices and ensure they are in line with PO and contract terms.
- Manage contracts and agreements effectively according to agreed terms and processing renewals when due.
- Co-ordinate and manage cost of sales requirements from the requesting units/departments; Third Party Services transactions management and coordinate other vendor management related activities.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or Science related discipline.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ post-NYSC experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management and/or Finance environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent contract management skill.
- Integrity and ability to deal with confidential information are essential.
- Ability to define and understand technical requirements.
- Good working knowledge of data processing and management.
- Ability to work and deliver promptly within tight timelines with minimal supervision.
- Good working knowledge of ERP system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent numeric, analytical and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS office suite.
- Excellent strategic sourcing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
Demands of the Job
- Good accounting skills.
- Apply best practice bench-marking.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Can work on call during weekends.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply