Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency/post – emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Responsible
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 6 Months – with possible extension.
- The procurement Responsible supports the Deputy Logistic Coordinator – Supply in implementing and supervising all purchases activities at mission level.
- He/she is the direct manager of all Purchase Officers and support the logistic manager of the bases.
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the purchase officer or storekeeper in their absence.
List of Main Tasks
Management of purchase:
- Assess the markets and identify the main and/or relevant suppliers
- Update price lists and vendor databases.
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery.
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored.
- Control and ensure Solidarités International purchase procedures are respected.
- Coordinate with the stock/freight manager when there is delivery.
- Follow up the purchase planning with the purchase schedule.
- Provide feedbacks on the status of the purchase.
- Visit the bases to bring support and trainings.
- Assist and implement Logistic training sessions for the logistic team on procurement.
- Support the deputy logistics manager on the call for tender procedure.
- Support all logistics managers.Handle and supervise the procurement of all bases. (4)
- Verify and process quote requests and Internal Order Forms
- Make purchase file for validation: quotation, bid analysis, contract
- Proceed with the purchase
Human resource management:
- Participate in the recruitment of his/her team.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the work of his/her team.
- Appraise personnel under his/her direct supervision.
- Validate planning, follow attendance of his/her team.
Reporting / Capitalisation:
- Support the deputy logistics coordinator on the update of the IOF follow up and contract FU for the Monthly logistic Pack.
- Responsible of the archive purchase folders process.Ensure the compilation of price and supplier lists, as well as information in use (import-export, exemption, taxes)
- Take part in coordination meetings relating to logistics; represent the Deputy Logistics Coordinator for procurement topics upon request and/or when delegated.
- Participate to the preparation of archives to be sent to HQ
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent qualification in required field
- Clear training and mentoring ability.
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of Donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Professional certification in Supply Chain Management and/or emergency response management.
- Work Experience: At least 2 years of experience in handling humanitarian supply chain.
- Strong knowledge of Link and management skills.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work under sometimes acute hardship conditions against tight deadlines.
- Ability to lead a team, Result oriented, Effective Communication skills, Problem-Solving ability, etc.
What we offer
Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified canddiates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th December, 2022.
- Applicants should click the link above, select Procurement Responsible, fill the form and attach their CV and Motivation Letter.
- The CV attached must be named with their First name and Surname.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply