Chabash Development and Health Initiative (CDHI) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 85190). Existing since March 2016, CDHI focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. CDHI operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
CDHI will implement Prevention and treatment of moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) amongst children 6-59 months and Pregnant and Lactating Women through integrated community-based approach using Tom Brown local solution in Affected communities of Michika and Madagali LGAs of Adamawa state, with funding from Nigerian Humanitarian Fund (NHF) – 2021 1st standard allocation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement / Logistics Officer
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement procurement processes and logistics operations for the project, including grants, strictly following all rules and regulations as well as all stipulations established by Nigerian law.
- Review and recommend changes to procurement policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain procurement processes according to CDHI procurement policies.
- Manage/maintain a registry and file system for procurements to allow for efficient document and process audits.
- Maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Maintain procurement files, including proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts, and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Provide training on procurement and delivery of goods and services to program team, grantees, and beneficiaries as it pertains to established protocols by the project and local law.
- Manage account status for all credit accounts established with vendors.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and or/needs of the beneficiary, community and/or project.
- Management of fleet and logistics related contracts for quality of services offered by outsourced fleet service provider.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation or related expenses under grants.
- Prepare budgets, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliverables are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards.
- Ensure competitive procurements by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Designate or participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Verify quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or project.
- Process procurements according to respective rules and regulations.
- Maintain strict control of grant budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned by the Project manager.
- The Procurement/Logistics Officer WILL be based in Michika.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Procurement and Management or related field.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to Action the CDHI’s mission, values, and policies.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields; supply chain management, business administration or any related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience, preferably with an international/national NGO.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Prior donor experience is highly desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
Application Deadline 7th January, 2022.