S-TEE has maintained a strong commitment to imparting sound moral, academic, spiritual and life training skills into our learners. We believe that if our processes (tutoring, teaching, modelling, coaching, training, counselling, etc) are well structured and implemented, we will produce great minds, expert thinkers, solution-driven personnel, who will take the world by storm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal
Employment Type: Full-time
- The School Principal will be responsible for providing dynamic and professional leadership for the school that builds upon a change to secure its continued success and improvement, ensuring high-quality education for all its students and improved standards of achievement.
- Develop agendas, meetings and arrange for speakers and meeting minutes with parents.
- Handle authorized emergency and safety procedures.
- Ensure policies and practices consider national, local, and school inspection research findings.
- Supervise and evaluate school policy effects and take action where necessary.
- Develop creative and responsive approaches to teaching and learning.
- To work in partnership with the governing body, staff, and parents generating the ethos and values which will underpin the school.
- To continue to implement a Development Plan which will secure continuous school improvement
- Assess, organize and execute flexible curriculum and effective assessment framework.
- Strategize the development of emerging technologies to extend the learning experience.
- Plan, support and assess individuals and teams’ work to ensure task delegation.
- Ensure a reasonable teacher-staff school-work balance.
- Sustain staff performance management effective systems and incorporate teachers’ appraisals and targets for School’s achievement.
- Arrange headteacher performance management.
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff and pupils.
- To ensure that management, finances, organization, and administration of the school support its vision and aims.
- To ensure that all those involved in the school are committed to its aims motivated to achieve them, and involved in meeting long, medium, and short term objectives and targets that secure the educational success of the school.
Teaching and Learning:
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures good teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement, and good behaviour.
- Determine, organize, implement and monitor the curriculum and its assessment and ensure that statutory requirements are met.
- Ensure that pupils develop study skills in order to learn more effectively and with increasing independence.
- Continue to develop an organization in which all the staff recognizes that they are accountable for the success of the school.
- Ensure that parents/carers and pupils are well informed about the curriculum, attainment, and progress and about the contribution they can make in supporting their child’s learning and achieving the school’s targets for improvement.
- Provide information, objective advice, and support to the Governing Body to enable it to meet its responsibilities for securing effective teaching and learning and improved standards of achievement, and for achieving efficiency and value for money.
- Carry out any such duties as may be reasonably required by the Board of Directors.
- The Prospect Must Demonstrate
Education And Experience
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 – 10 years teaching experience for School Principal/Head of School
- Should be able to teach a minimum of two (2) subjects
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Ability to improve quality of Education by implementing quality assurance.
- B.Sc. & Masters in Education
- Master’s degree in Education Administration, Curriculum Development or Quality Control, some of which should have been in a school leadership position.
Skills and Competencies:
- Significant teaching experience
- Proven expertise in leading an academic team
- Proven record of raising standards and securing good progress through outstanding classroom practice
- Proven experience in managing staff, leadership and team building
- Experience in leading in-service training with staff
- Up to date knowledge of child protection procedures and a commitment to safeguarding pupils.
Deadline: 14th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their letter of application and updated CV in MS Word format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.