Jotna Group is a leading beverage manufacturing and related packaging company which comprises of 3 operating companies, The La Casera Company Plc. (A Leading Beverage Manufacturing Company in Nigeria), Prima Corporation Limited (Largest manufacturers of Preforms & Closures in West Africa), Engee PET Manufacturing Nigeria Limited (Manufacturers of food-grade PET Resins with a world-class plant, located in Igbesa, Ogun State, Nigeria).
These subsidiaries are significant players and leaders in their respective sectors. Jotna Nigeria Limitedis a shared service organisation that provides strategic inputs and services to the 3 operating companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports: Managing Director, the La Casera Company Plc
- This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring operational effectiveness to meet the expected KPI targets and manage operational processes and policies delivering on the budgeted operational plan of the Enugu Plant. Working and leading the site management team, this position will improve process efficiencies and performance, enabling sales growth.
- She/he will be responsible for the entire operations of the Enugu plant. This includes the management and coordination of daily activities to ensure high performance and production at all times.
- Responsibilities also include ensuring company policies and procedures are followed as well as assisting in the onboarding process of new hires and providing training and educational materials to staff members.
- Provides overall leadership for the plant as head of the site management team, setting an example for others, leading the management team, setting the business priorities, providing direction, settling disputes and encouraging teamwork and plant operational performance.
- Accountable for the leadership, management and performance of all operational functions, i.e. production, technical, quality, maintenance, local HR, and OHSE.
- Adopt the holding company’s talent management practices to ensure all co-workers are engaged and committed, well informed, suitably skilled, developed to meet their full potential, fairly rewarded and motivated, and that all HR practices on-site comply the holding company’s HR policies and applicable laws.
- Drive cultural change necessary particularly in the areas of safety, quality and performance.
- Managing and optimizing capacity and reporting on operational bottlenecks, proposing solutions for quick and long-term fixes.
- Drive continuous improvement in productivity and quality through co-worker involvement, changing methods and adoption of best practices, appropriate incentives, investment in new technology, corrective actions, etc.
- Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance.
- Optimize productive time for employees by eliminating unnecessary processes.
- Ensuring quality systems are adequate to deliver on customer and regulatory specifications.
- Develop and maintain systems sponsoring business growth and new product onboarding in collaboration with marketing, sales, and R&D to deliver on successful new product launches.
- Ensure responsible and prudent stewardship of the plant operations, operating at all times within the holding company’s values and finance/HR policies.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility.
- Leading lean operations and exceptionally organized plant with an optimized flow of movements and processes addressing safety and operational hazards.
- Report and track expenses to reduce costs.
- Host customer and site visits pre-commercial and leadership requests, building positive and professional relationships. Ensure any problems are resolved quickly and regular feedback from customers is received and acted upon.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Technical, Operations Related field.
- Should have about 10 – 15 years of experience in the manufacturing industry (especially in the food and beverage industry).
- Knows Process Optimization/Improvement.
- Knows Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledgeable and Health and Safety standards.
Deadline: 21st July, 2021.