Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant HSE Supervisor
- Coordinate the Implementation of QHSE requirements in all jobs and situations around the plant assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective leadership to all plant safety officers, ensuring that their duties are properly performed.
- To carry out periodic safety inspection tours of the plant, record findings and follow up with Head QHSE for closure.
- Be involved with employee and contractor induction trainings, toolbox talks, confined space works and general permit requirements for the plant.
- Ensure the implementation of QHSE contractual requirements by all contractors performing jobs around the plant.
- Provide weekly hazard status report of the assets, indicating the extent or effectiveness of closeout actions.
- Develop innovative programs to assist with the propagation of the Egbin QHSE philosophy and pledge.
- Maintain an incident log of all incidents minor or major within the plant and fashion out mitigative measures while following up with action parties for quick closure.
- Be involved in all incident investigations within the plant and maintain a detailed report of all UAUCs.
- Carryout related duties as shall be assigned from time to time by The Head QHSE.
Education and Work Experience
- Prospective candidate must possess B.Engr., BSc or HND in Science or Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic.
- Must have at least 7 – 10 years cognate experience.
- Membership of professional bodies like ISPON, IOSH, WSO is an added advantage.
- Certificate courses in other related fields is an added advantage.
- Must have NEBOSH IGC, ISPON level 3 and lead Auditor certification in either of ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001: 2015 or ISO 9001:2015.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a self-starter, great team player with good report presentation skills.
- Ability to work flexibly within a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have good communication and people engagement skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, hazards identification, job hazard Analysis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline Friday, 5th August, 2022.