Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning Superintendent
Job Requisition ID: R47268
Job Type: Full time
- Under the guidance of the Shift Manager, this position will supervise the planning team, ensure subordinates perform their jobs efficiently and in a timely manner.
- The Incumbent will lay emphasis on the operations of the vessel, yard and rail/gate, and will also ensure effective and timely coordination of the various activities which will contribute to the achievement of the targeted Terminal productivity.
- Manage, motivate and instruct planning team members
- Structure tasks and goals, and establish efficient courses of action, set priorities, organize information and resources, efficiently execute daily tasks with considerations for high productivity through the effective allocation and utilization of task to planning staff. Always attend ongoing operations and be accessible via radio.
- At the time of shift change/commencing operation check if hot-seat shift change taken place in Control room effectively and all POW commence operation.
- Monitor the deployment of equipment for coming hours and supervise to rearrange equipment deployment and crane or containers plan if required.
- Assure upcoming vessel plan and recourse plan, coordinate with berth planner and cargo controller if any amendment required.
- Ensure vessel plan is approved/prepared considering stack weight, height limitation, special stow, IMDG segregation and other stowage conflict on berthed/upcoming vessels.
- Closely monitor vessel, barge, rail, gate and landside operation, troubleshoot as and when required by coordinating controllers.
- Look for an opportunity to perform duel and twin operation and coordinate with planner to utilize it.
- Assure IMDG segregation is maintained in yard/vessel according IMDG stacking standards.
- Liaise with shipping lines for vessel plan and changes.
- Maintains continuity of planning process by administrating records in shift log & ensures handing over to the incoming shift.
- Communication and coordination with shipping lines.
- Review all activities in time to time and to coordinate with controllers and planners to improve efficiency and performance.
- Act in place of control room in charge in shift and to assist shift manager as and when required.
- Reports malfunctioning of reefers to shipping lines and follow-up further requirements.
- Ensures adherence to procedures during exceptions.
- Assure deployments and utilization of gang and equipment.
- Verify crane programs prepared by vessel planner and rearrange if required to improve performance or utilization of quay and yard equipment.
- Verify yard allocations made by yard planner to ensure maximum use of yard space and equipment.
- Monitor gate traffic and advice to rearrange allocations if required.
- Maintain cleanliness of the office.
- Guide and monitor Controllers and planners performance and activities intervene as and when required.
- Monitor lookahead in TOS to prearrange
- Reports system outage to System Administrator and in logbook.
- Reports container leakage to shipping lines, documentation, customer service, billing and property/insurance controller.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by superior to improve terminal efficiency and performance.
Reporting and Scope
- Vessel Planner
- Yard Planner
- The position reports to Shift Manager functionally.
- The scope of the position is primarily local/domestic.
Work/Business Contacts and Authority :
- Staff in Operations & Engineering at various levels
- Nature of contact is primarily share
- Port Authority (Harbour Master)
- Nature of contact is primarily shared to achieve common objectives
- Vessel master chief officer
- Shipping lines / agent
Critical Knowledge and Experience
- High School Diploma plus a College Degree in Logistics, Operations Management or a related discipline.
- 3 years of previous experience in the port execution operations or planning
- 5 years of previous leadership experience involving on the planning or administrative sector managing large amount of workers
- Has familiarity with the strict implementation of procedure, process and best practices in planning command centre, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Requires good interpersonal skills to interact across section of the company’s departments, at all levels, and with customers.
- Good knowledge of vessel & yard planning. Overall knowledge of terminal operation
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and the local language.
- Lean Knowledge
- Problem Solver mindset
- Build Effective Teams
- Conflict Management
Learning & Career Opportunities:
In this position the incumbent will have a variety of learning opportunities to increment and acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Broad in-depth exposure to terminal operations & technical areas
- The incumbent can decide to grow in multiple paths upwards, sideways and downwards in the organization such as but not limited to:
- Terminal Supervisor in other operational function, Shift Manager, Planning Manager
- KPI and Target
- Number of Gate transaction and truck turnaround time
- Ratio of twin lift and dual cycling operation in shift
- Barge operation efficiency and moves in shift.
- Shift vessel GMPH, BMPH & Moves
- Shift Yard equipment performance and idle time
What We Offer
- We offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- Energizing and pioneering, this is also an environment that keeps you motivated.
- You’ll be joining a values-led, genuinely diverse, and talented team that is passionate about being there for employees, and for each other.
- We strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees. Our talent policies are recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our people through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
- We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job. We’re proud of that and we see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply