The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Employment Type: Contract
Contract term: Contract under ALIMA law, 6 months.
Desired start date: As soon as possible.
- The Pharmacy Supervisor is responsible for all aspects related to the proper management of the medical stock according to the standards established by ALIMA, as well as the medical supply within the project.
- In compliance with ALIMA standard practices and protocols, ensure Good Hospital Pharmacy Distribution Practices including: storage; supply; distribution; rational use of drugs, to ensure its effectiveness and operational availability. He trains and supervises the drug dispensers or store keeper in the projects.
- Cultivate the relationship with the MoH stakeholders in order to implement efficiently and ensure the
- goals as well as to improve targeted population’s health conditions and humanitarian situation.
Tasks & Responsabilities
- Ensure that the stock is clean and organized according to ALIMA standards and the medicines stored according to ALIMA recommendations.
- Ensure the reception and recording of international and local orders with the pharmacy storekeeper if necessary. Record all inputs and outputs on Isystock.
- Supervise the preparation of orders for each consumption unit.
- Archive each document in the corresponding folders (pro-formats orders, packing lists, donation and loan certificates, etc.).
- Be responsible for security and access control to the medical stock.
- Ensure the capitalization of the pharmacy activity (indicators)
Follow-up of orders and supplies:
- Ensure that orders for consumption units (services, health posts, emergency boxes, etc.) have been validated by the supervisor concerned.
- Track the remaining orders.
- Accompany the medical team in the good pharmacy practice with the support of country pharmacy
- Make a regular physical inventory (organize and participate), and imperatively at least before the preparation of each order in central pharmacy and international order.
- Ensure the follow-up of stocks and inform on time its medical referent on the state of stocks (shortage, overstock, expiry dates…); also remove expired products from stock.
- Ensure patient safety by complying with the protocol and the Rational drug use with the support of country pharmacy
- Make the monthly report (Isystock report) to inform the project manager/MedRef of their condition (shortages, surpluses, expiry dates), in order to maintain safety stock levels at all times and ensure effective management and Submit the monthly report at the time.
- Make a report after receiving the medical items in the pharmacy and send it to the appropriate person.
- Make every monthly, a backup of isystock and send to country pharmacy and the med ref
Cold chain monitoring:
- Check the temperature of the cold chain equipment every morning and evening, and record it on the temperature monitoring sheet.
- Ensure the maintenance and upkeep of refrigerators and freezers according to ALIMA recommendations by the logistics team.
- Inform your manager and logistics in case of problems.
Meetings and others:
- Participates in meetings with other supervisors in order to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments in terms of activities running.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the Medical referent or country pharmacy.
- Degree of Pharmacy or Nursing related studies or medical profile
- Registered as a Pharmacist
- At least 2 years’ experience in pharmacy practice and 1 year in a similar position
- Previous experience with ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
- Essential computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet)
- Well organized with good negotiation and communication skill
- Ability to work as part of a team, a part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, in emergency and under pressure, to manage stress easily and result oriented
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Languages: English compulsory, others are an asset like Hausa and other local languages
- Based in Katsina State is an asset.
- Ability to work in close collaboration with MOH staff
- Can work and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the mail.
Submit hard copy of Applications (CV & Cover Letter) at Alima Office:
House No. 8A, Durumi Road,
Barhim Housing Estate,
- Female applications are strongly encouraged.
- We process applications as they are received. If an application matches our search, the offer can therefore be closed early
Application Deadline 15th August, 2021.