United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Partnerships Specialist, NOC, FT
Job No: 547624
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships
For Every Child, an Advocate
- In Nigeria, UNICEF works in a complex humanitarian and development setting to fulfill and protect children’s rights in partnership with government, civil society, children and families.
- UNICEF Nigeria field office in Lagos is seeking for a passionate and committed person to work in the role of Partnerships Specialist. If you are passionate about making a difference for children in this area, we encourage you to apply.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Field Office, Lagos, the Partnerships Specialist provides support country office colleagues and internal and external partners and stakeholders throughout the programming processes, particularly in building sustainable partnerships with businesses and private sector.
- S/he will work to deepen collaboration with key stakeholders and provide an interface for environmental scanning, knowledge exchange, resource mobilization, and policy influence within the scope of assignment.
- S/He may also serve as focal point and resource for colleagues on specific thematic areas of strategic relevance for partnership development and for Gen-U secretariat. The key result is to ensure greater visibility for UNICEF and influence in support of its mission.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Seeks and promotes new partnerships and resource mobilization, working with UNICEF colleagues to identify partnership and resource mobilization needs and broker resource mobilization agreements to meet those needs.
- Provides strategic, logistical and programmatic support to senior management and other UNICEF staff in corporate engagement and interaction with assigned partners.
- Develops and maintains deep knowledge and familiarity with current and prospective partners and relevant stakeholders, contributing to a database of key contacts and to UNICEF’s base of knowledge on partnership and resource mobilization.
- Expands UNICEF’s network of key interlocutors to build stronger relationships between UNICEF and governments, other key-decision makers, regional development institutions, foundations, civil society organizations, international financial institutions and/or other relevant constituencies.
- Acts as a focal point for identification and pursuit of opportunities for outreach, engagement, policy influence and collaboration, including on how to anticipate and respond to partners’ concerns and priorities, ensure that UNICEF’s interests, perspectives, and knowledge are taken into account in relevant policy and institutional processes, and ensure that they are fully aware of UNICEF’s perspectives, policies, priorities and capabilities. Contribute to the development and management of initiatives for high-level outreach, including for UNICEF’s Senior Management.
- Contributes to the development of new partnership and resource mobilization practices and approaches by formulating recommendations for action based on on-going monitoring, analyzing current trends within designated partners and formulating recommendations for strategy approaches and message development.
- Contributes to strategies for engagement and the development of communications products to enhance UNICEF’s visibility and influence with existing and prospective partners and key stakeholders by providing analysis of the current environment and trends and formulating recommendations for strategy approaches and message development.
- Works closely with UNICEF’s colleagues to ensure that policy advocacy and outreach is strongly grounded in the experience and insights of the programmes that UNICEF’s supports. Contributes written inputs for communications instruments that best inform and influence decision makers.
To Qualify as an Advocate For Every Child You Will Have
- An Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields: International Relations, Political Science, Communications, International Development, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education at the international level.
- Familiarity/ background with emergencies is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
- Diplomatic communication and negotiation skills to establish and maintain trusted partnerships for achievement of objectives and to develop close and effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Current knowledge of development issues, strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation.
- In-depth knowledge of partnership development and resource mobilization.
- In-depth familiarity with political and governmental processes
- Ability to conduct sound policy analysis.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA), and:
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Drives to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity.
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
Application Deadline 25th January, 2022.