Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Engineer – Golden Sugar Company Limited
Purpose of the Job
- The Primary Responsibility of the Packaging Engineer is to improve the efficiency, safety and quality of the packaging Equipment (Small packs- Form and Fill Cubeline lines) in the finished product department by implementing proper maintenance processes.
- The Engineer manages project in the packaging department.
- Utilize predictive maintenance tools for vibration, ultrasonic, infrared, oil analysis, etc.
- Implement a reliability and preventative program in Packaging Station.
- Interpret data and recommend countermeasures.
- Originate concepts for new and existing packaging equipment, including support equipment such as conveying, robotics, instrumentation, weight control, and quality systems.
- Manage and engineer approved projects through to completion. Projects will cover a diverse range both in scope and area.
- Effectively communicate ideas and concepts to peers, subordinates and leadership within the organization and across organizational lines.
- Improve the manufacturability of products and packaging equipment. Work with operations on continuous improvement of packaging lines and equipment. This is a hands-on engineering role.
- Troubleshoots and improves new and existing equipment. Partners with operations to gather data to identify root causes and solutions to production problems.
- BSc / HND in Mechanical, Electrical or any related course.
- 5 Years cognate Experience
- Strong Mechanical Experience on Packing Lines will be an added advantage
- Fundamental Understanding of electrical design, control systems integration, electro-mechanical drive systems and safety.
The Person Must:
- Be proficient in oral and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent leadership capabilities.
- Have strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply