Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminium, Copper and Lead for export. Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminium alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organisation of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oxygen Plant Operator
- Controls fractionating columns, compressors, purifying towers, heat exchangers, and related equipment to extract nitrogen and oxygen from air for industrial therapeutic use.
- Turns valves to transfer compressed oxygen to storage cylinders.
- Cleans and repairs equipment, like replacing defective valves and removing carbon from valves, using handtools air hose.
- Records gauge readings test results.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes.
- Opens valves to transfer liquid or gaseous oxygen through heat exchanger to cool air, to heat and vaporize liquid oxygen, and to store gaseous or liquid oxygen in storage tanks at specified temperature pressure.
- Tests oxygen for purity and moisture content at various stages of process, using burette moisture meter.
- Turns valves in specified sequence to control flow of air through series of units that compress and liquefy it, remove carbon dioxide & impurities and separate resulting product into nitrogen oxygen.
- Observes pressure, temperature, level and flow gauges to make sure standard operation.
- Adjusts equipment according to test results and knowledge of process equipment.
- SSCE / GCE / Vocational Training or OND in Chemical Engineering between 3 – 5 years proven experience in an oxygen plant.
- Must reside in Ogun / Sango – Ota Axis.
- Technical Knowledge, Operation Monitoring, Critical Thinking, Quality Control Analysis, Team Spirit, Troubleshooting, Systems Analysis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 15th December, 2022.