FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Offline Fraud Officer
Employment Type: Permanent Contract
- Your role will be to be the point of contact in liaising with Law Enforcement and other financial institutions on fraud related issues.
- The successful candidate will liaise with customers, receive fraud complaints and investigate, and track all cases of fraud reported.
We are waiting for you to:
- Plan and undertake investigations into allegations of fraud of varying nature and complexity.
- Identify and utilize appropriate investigative techniques and technologies to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Conduct witness (customers) interviews and take statements in accordance with current legislation.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion in carrying out all the duties of the post.
- Ensure that all fraud case files and documents are maintained, updated, and protected in a secure manner.
- Establish relationships with law enforcement, key contacts in banks and stakeholders in the security apparatus.
- Design and implement programs to prevent fraudulent activities and to recover any incurred losses.
- Establish a fraud desk for receiving customer complaints and investigating them to conclusion.
- Prepare draft and finalization of special investigation report within reasonable time period
- Focus on credit related fraud across product lines including unsecured lending.
- Coordinate with other departments in relation to all fraud assignments eg. Obtaining and providing all relevant documents / evidences from / to Law Enforcement or consultant.
- Assist in the identification of control weaknesses and implementing solutions and controls for future improvements.
- At least 4 years of fraud detection and investigation in any financial institutions.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (preferably related to Fraud Management, Law, Accounting), with a professional certification of CFE will be an additional advantage.
- Must have a strong understanding of fraud & forgery concepts & covenants and legal & regulatory requirements.
- Must have knowledge of banking norms
- Being able to interrogate persons
- Being able to work on non-traditional hours
- Having organizational skills
- Being assertive, Ability to withstand and handle influences / pressures
- Having knowledge on how to collect and preserve evidence
- Being ethical.
- Knowledge of Microfinance prudential and other statutory regulations.
- Ability to judge financial data relationship to detect frauds
- Having high attention to details.
- Willing to travel across Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Phone Screening with Titi, HR & TA Manager and/or Case study assessment
- Technical interview
- Fit call