Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, HAM & Admin
Location: Okpella, Edo
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: HR and Administration
Reports to: Head, Plant HR
- Provide support in the implementation and management of day-to-day employee-related activities at the Plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and coordinate attendance at training by sending out invitations and reminders.
- Provide relevant logistic requirements to the facilitators, e.g. projector, venue, refreshments, etc. (where necessary).
- Produce support materials for the training, such as sign-in sheets, evaluation forms, etc.
- Liaise with relevant parties to produce certificates of attendance (internal training).
- Provide reports and analysis of training activities, including feedback from participants and relevant recommendations.
- Maintain records of completed training and update employees training records accordingly.
- Maintain up-to-date employee records with respect to vacation, training, promotion, exit, etc.
- Assist the Head, Plant HR to compute employees’ benefits across the plant, and provide information (payroll input item) for payment at scheduled periods.
- Ensure maintenance of an up-to-date database of temporary staff and provide periodic reports on temporary staff strength and activities.
- Obtain and collate lists and specific skill requirements for temporary staff vacancies from Heads of plant departments.
- Develop draft notices/ advertisements to publicise vacant positions (subject to approval by Head, Plant HR).
- Provide support and participate in testing, interviewing or other screening activities for recruiting temporary staff.
- Process and channel employees’ requests to the appropriate functions e.g. grievances, loan requests, etc.
- Support day to day management of all issues relating to the activities of temporary employees.
- Provide conduct of orientation programs to communicate terms of work and other information.
- Review time log entries and records of overtime work to ensure relevant approvals are documented.
- Compile information on work hours and expenses (if any) for computation of monthly wages and other allowances.
- Recommend and obtain approval for budgeted funds for payment of wages.
- Oversee administration of wages/ benefits and resolve any associated issues.
- Participate in disciplinary processes as defined in HR policy.
- Respond to enquiries and complaints.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head, Plant HR.
Education and Work Experience:
- First Degree or its equivalent in Humanities, Social Sciences or a related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Global Professional in HR (GPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) to six (6) years experience in a generalist HR role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good understanding of DCP’s business operations.
- A clear understanding of DCP’s HR policies and procedures, including the group’s overall performance management objectives and strategies.
- Good knowledge of policies and defined timelines for HR operational activities.
- Ability to effectively apply scheduling techniques to own work.
- Basic knowledge of record management systems (manual and automated).
- Ability to effectively use MS Office applications.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in career management processes and techniques.
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislation in a specific country of operation.
- Knowledge of local career management best practices.
- Strong ability to utilise computer systems and performance management applications.
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Private Health Insurance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply