Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: NOC Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are recruiting competent and experienced NOC Engineers who will monitor all power systems on the dedicated monitoring platforms and escalate faults on any power system.
- We are seeking hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Provide 24/7 monitoring of hardware, power and environmental alarms on customer equipment by utilizing network monitoring and surveillance software.
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of Inverters, generators, power usage, running health and safety checks).
- Preparing shift report to reflect activities carried out during the shift.
- Prepare monthly ticket analysis to show status of all tickets raised during the Week/Month/Year.
- Maintain network by troubleshooting and identifying fault and outage location.
- Create trouble tickets and assign tickets to field resources and track ticket till closure.
- Escalate fault to field team and assist in testing of equipment till resolution.
- Perform test and simulation of alarms, testing backup systems procedures and updating documentation.
- Ensure all systems on the network are reporting on monitoring platform and escalate any not reporting.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years work experience in a network operating centre, analysing system and network performance using monitoring and graphical data.
- English (excellent oral & writing skills).
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.