Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Specialist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage networks to ensure they function efficiently.
- Tasks such as collecting network performance data, monitoring network security, troubleshooting issues, anticipating problems, and performing routine maintenance are commonplace for these IT professionals.
- Analyze customer requirements to ensure better contribution to the development of network tools.
- Maintain all telecommunication tools and accessories such as servers and switches.
- Install, configure and provide support to all networking accessories in different workstations.
- Identify and resolve all hardware-related problems for better performance and detect issues for networking strategies.
- Monitor systems to oversee firewall and other network-related improvement processes.
- Ensure networking stability and monitor all work regularly.
- Prepare and maintain networking documentation network and cabling layouts.
- Perform troubleshoot and resolve VPN-related problems.
- Provide updates to Microsoft Active Directory on regular basis.
- Assist in growth-oriented plan and program
- Testing data exchange and communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Installing, updating, and configuring end-user networking accessories.
- Monitoring server capacity and performance to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Running diagnostic tests and performing repairs, as well as developing backup, archiving, and data retrieval procedures.
- Training junior IT staff, preparing user manuals, and providing remote or onsite technical support.
- Enhancing network security, as well as documenting network processes and cabling layouts.
- Keeping informed of developments in network technologies and infrastructure.
- Maintain an inventory of IT property and assets.
- Collect all data in a more organized way to ensure a better IT documentation process
- Determining company needs and coordinating the development and maintenance of network infrastructures with the IT team.
- Ensuring secure and stable server connectivity and testing network protocols.
- Creating internet domains and optimizing intranet performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or related field.
- Certified CompTIA, Microsoft, or Cisco network professional preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to visit client locations.
- Availability to perform network repairs always.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a network specialist.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Key Skills & Competencies
- An analytical mind
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Commercial and business awareness
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Good time management skills
- An ability to follow processes
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected
Application Deadline 3pm Monday, 7th June, 2021.