Sydani Group is a management consulting firm founded by seasoned international development professionals with over 30 years combined experience and demonstrated expertise in the design and implementation of diverse impactful sustainable policies, programs and practices that drive large-scale development.
At Sydani Group, we are purposefully dedicated to providing client-focused cutting-edge expert solutions to a diversity of global complex problems. Driven by a zeal to succeed, we approach every challenge as a unique opportunity to grow creatively, build resilient systems and contribute to creating sustainable communities and systems rooted in a culture of responsiveness and transparency.
Inspired by a vision of a world without limits, Sydani’s team of exceptional high-performing specialists innovatively apply their talents and skills to curate bespoke solutions that set distinctive new standards of excellence across sectors, establishing us as a preferred premium partner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Associate
Travel requirement: Up to 50%
- As part of the Sydani team, the Management Consultant- M&E Officer will work as the project or work stream lead under the supervision of the Senior Associate (depending on the project structure).
- The M&E Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework for projects in the organization and provide support for successful monitoring and evaluation of the program, as well as for generating and translating evidence to inform programmatic adaptation.
- Provide technical leadership in M&E systems design and implementation, and be responsible for the overall management of Strategic Information
- Lead and provide technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings
- Support the drafting of deliverables to donors in a timely manner.
- Helps coordinate the design and implementation of learning studies
- Contribute to internal program reporting, knowledge management and information sharing
- Oversees data collection processes and data quality
- Directly supervise and mentor project M&E/knowledge management staff
- Providing strategic leadership and management of the M&E Team’s work plan
- Work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements
- Coordinates and manages all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tasks and deliverables for projects
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the project’s MEL framework
- Support the development of MEL systems for collecting, tracking, analysing, and reporting the progress of the project activities against targets and expected outcomes
- Assist with refining and implementing the program’s MEL plan across all program components including the identification of process, output, and outcome indicators specific to activities
- Helps ensure the quality data monitoring, collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting
- And all other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Leadership development and performance management:
- Participate in the Sydani problem-solving, ideation, and capacity-building sessions including new staff onboarding and staff mentoring program
- Participate in Sydani’s periodic performance reviews and provide feedback to team members for performance improvement as applicable.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Required: First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities
- Desirable: Masters/ Advanced Certification in M &E, Statistics, PhD or master’s degree in public health, Health Financing, Health Economics, Health Policy, and Management, Health Systems Strengthening, Health
- Work experience: At least 3 years of work experience 2 of which should have been spent in the development sector
- Must have experience in setting up M&E systems, developing M&E databases and data collection & reporting tools, and data quality assurance for NGOs or relevant organizations
- Outstanding quantitative, qualitative, statistical analysis, data synthesis, and report writing skills
- Ability to use various statistical software programmes such as SPSS, and STATA.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning, including impact evaluation
- Advanced proficiency with Ms Office suite
- Fast learner, open to learning and taking feedback from peers, subordinates, and supervisors
- Attention to detail and systematic approach to all M&E tasks
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use the District Health Information System (DHIS)/or any other database software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Technical skills in analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Must possess strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and thought-leadership abilities
- Reliable relationship and stakeholder manager, able to promote team building and collaboration
- For performance management and accountability, the Management consultant- M&E Officer will work with the Senior Associate or Engagement manager (as appropriate) to develop and agree on a program-specific scope of work, results in framework plan, and deliverables.
- These would inform the development of program-specific KPIs to be tracked, along with the technical responsibilities of the Management consultant- M & E Officer for performance review and improvement.
What We Offer
- Sydani offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, competitive compensation, generous bonuses, rapid career growth, and the opportunity to work with a team of seasoned consultants and an ever-expanding network of industry experts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The duties and responsibilities described below are not exhaustive. Additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by business demands
Application Deadline 29th December, 2022.