Preston Associates for International Development (PAID), a Nigerian based organization, provides evidence for improved development outcomes through research and specialized MEL support services. We work with international and domestic non-governmental organizations, national and state level government agencies/parastatals as well as bilateral and multilateral organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- To perform quarterly impact monitoring, prepare annual impact reports, conduct related baseline work and specialized quantitative and qualitative surveys.
- Will also collaboratively contribute to the co-creation of youth narratives, special reviews, internal rapid assessments, and evaluations as needed.
Knowledge of Context
All applicants should:
- Be resident in Nigeria
- Have experience working with youth and marginalized populations, including methodological insights into how to meaningfully engage young women and men and other marginalized communities in youth-focused developmental efforts.
- Have the linguistic capacity to work in English and local languages.
- Understand the challenges of youth unemployment in Nigeria, formal and informal settings in Nigeria, and in particular, a deeper understanding of the dynamics of dignified and fulfilling work for young people, their families, communities and the ecosystems.
Management and Coordination of MEL work
Applicants will be expected to:
- Have experience with technology-enabled MEL.
- Have technical knowledge or access in the sectoral areas of agriculture, creative digital economy, with financial inclusion as a lever, good understanding of resilience concepts and sustainable development in a fragile socio-economic ecosystem.
- Have MEL experience with market system (private sector) as well as not-for-profit actor.
- Have substantial experience in strategic management and coordination of monitoring and evaluation assignments across sectors, programs and private sector and not-for profit players.
- Have experience in supporting programs, portfolios and developmental efforts to measure and generate impact results including the use of quantitative data and qualitative narratives.
- Have good experience in aggregating data and findings, and reporting at national level.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Sociology, Demography and Statistics or other related discipline
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in conduct of research and evaluation
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to accurately review documents.
- Good communication skills (fluency in English is required).
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and compelling language.
- Understanding of MEL related support services, including development of protocols, data quality assessments and framework for impact monitoring.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills, including ability to assess priorities and work gracefully under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to work proactively and independently, and to adapt creatively to changing circumstances in low-resource contexts.
- Demonstrated good judgment for decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and current CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- These position’s description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required.
- The selection exercise will be on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
- Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2021.