Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MHPSS Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Officer supervise the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of MHPSS components of the programs in MdM clinics in Maiduguri and contribute to their development Under the supervision of the Medical Supervisor, he/she is working in collaboration with MHPSS technical Advisor.
Implementation and Monitoring Of MHPSS Program:
- He/She supports the project team and trainers during the training phase
- He/She prepare handouts and materials for training on MH GAP and Basic PSS under the supervision of the Technical Advisor.
- He/She supports in the collection of MH data for project follow up, coordinate with the MEAL team and report to the Line Manager.
- He/She supports in monitoring and evaluation, data collection during training, supervision and on the stage of service provision
- He/She communicate, provides technical guidance, and support to clinic staff
- He/She supports the supervision process set up for MHPSS clinic staff
Quality Assurance of MHPSS Projects Activities and Communication:
- He/She proactively participate in relevant team meetings, as requested by the Medical Supervisor
- He/She debrief on a weekly basis with the clinic staff.
- He/She ensures documents are recorded and maintained confidentially at all times.
- He/she ensures that confidentiality and consent processes are in place and adhered to.
- He/she assists in the development and implementation of the technical monitoring tools for the project’s activities for all MHPSS components, in collaboration with MHPSS TA
- He/She provides follow on the day-to-day progress of activities at the field level, mainly the activities implemented by the clinic staff based on a previous well-set plan designed by the operational and technical managers.
- He/She establish and maintain collaborative relationships with relevant partners and other project stakeholders working in the project areas.
- He/She supports follow up of the referred cases, with the patient and the referring counsellor.
- He/She supports in dissemination and implementation awareness campaign
- He/She supports the workshops, training, and meetings hosted as part of the project.
- Other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Team management and support at the field level:
- Provide supervision to the team in the field
- Liaise with each member of the team in the provision of health services.
- Ensure that team have the necessary available resources to achieve the team objective.
Involved in project planning and intervention:
- Participate in the planning of project intervention
- Contribute to the identification of difficulties and share propositions.
Participate in representation with stakeholders on behalf of the MHPSS TA:
- Attend stakeholder meetings on behalf of MDM when called upon
- Attend and report the meeting minutes.
Work closely with the existing MDM team and other partners in the area of operation:
- Participate in a pro-active way in MdM internal meetings (medical, security etc.)
- Participate in all the relevant training organised by MDM and partners.
Collect, compile and analyze weekly epidemiological data:
- Compile the, daily and weekly activities report to submit to the Medical Supervisor.
- Participate in the weekly computerisation and analysis of the medical data.
Hierarchical & Functional links:
- He/she works under the supervision of the Medical Supervisor in the clinic hierarchy and technically to the Mental Health Technical Advisor.
- B.Sc Degree in Psychology or Clinical Psychologist with 2 years experience.
- Significant experience in similar positions.
Personal Skills Required:
- Ability to manage a team.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Team spirit.
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in a single attachment to: [email protected] using “MHPSS Officer Damboa” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 5th November, 2021.