Intersect Consortium is a world class organization that provides services and products for high quality mental health. Our purpose is to make timely and long-lasting difference in the lives of individuals and families we support. Our treatment programs have mainly been developed by indigenous clinicians who deliver exceptional service to our patients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Social Worker
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Medical Director
- The medical social worker is a qualified, licensed, professional person who provides medical social services to patients working together with a medical team all reporting to the Clinical Lead.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the patient and the patient’s support systems in understanding the patient’s conditions and treatment.
The expectations include:
- Collaborate with members of the mental health multidisciplinary team in assessing patient’s needs and developing an individualized treatment plan.
- Helps patients and families develop healthy coping systems.
- Provide emotional support to patient and family caregivers.
- Interview patients to gather information about their background, peculiar needs and monitor progress.
- Advocate for patients to resolve conflicts
- Intervene in crisis situations to assist patients
Include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and a Master’s Degree in Medical Social Work
- 1-3 years of experience in a medical facility (hospital, clinic, rehabilitation centre, etc.)
- Maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and well organized
- Ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Ability to assess patient conditions and work with treatment plans.
- Be passionate and empathetic
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV and copies of their certificates to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 24th March, 2022.