Duchess International Hospital, a multi-specialist hospital based in the heart of G.R.A Ikeja, Lagos State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensuring that patients receive the highest standard of medical care.
- Being responsible for the performance of physicians under your supervision
- Contributing clinical expertise to patient care and providing guidance to junior physicians.
- Performing administrative duties and risk management.
- Ensuring the highest standards in patient care are maintained.
- Reporting to senior management, as well as liaising between administrative and medical staff.
- Ensuring consistent and accurate medical recordkeeping practices.
- Monitoring and providing appropriate clinical care ( medical and surgical) to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics;
- Maintaining patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- Reporting on-call (off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled.
- Ensuring that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurately.
- Providing educational and clinical experience for clinical staff
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment; • Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations;
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Verifying complex diagnoses and facilitating treatment plans.
- Hiring, supervising, and mentoring healthcare professionals and collaborating with consultants.
- Managing allocated budgets and identifying areas of improvement in inpatient care.
- Keeping informed on advancements in the field and contributing to medical research programs.
- Ensuring compliance with healthcare regulations and safety standards.
- Keeping the referring doctor informed of inpatient and outpatient progress.
- Issuing a preliminary discharge summary to each patient prior to them leaving hospital, in accordance with service specifications.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields
- Minimum of 1 – 10 years experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 2nd August, 2021.