SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician (Senior / Junior Level) – M / F
Reference ID: 2021-20330
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: On demand
Contract duration: 1 month
- He is responsible for maintenance operations within his field of competence.
- He ensures that maintenance work is carried out in strict accordance with Company’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice, thereby guaranteeing the quality of maintenance operations, within his field, carried out on site.
- Executes all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner and in strict compliance with company operating procedures and any relevant statutory legislation in order to maintain all such equipment in sound and safe operating condition
- Ensures all worksites are clean and tidy on completion of works
- Ensures all problems are immediately highlighted to his Supervisor and Company
- Participates fully in Pre-work assessments and risk assessments and abides by the recommendations
- Ensures all anomalies, near misses and accidents are reported to Company.
- He guarantees a good level of availability of the equipment he is responsible for on production sites.
- Performs on-site maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility
- Respects all Company’s HSE regulations (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility
The ideal candidate must have knowledge and hands-on experience with the following mechanical machines, equipment and systems:
- Pumps – Repairs, overhauling and installation
- Compressors – Repairs, overhauling and installation
- Alignment – Use of dial indicator and Laser Equipment alignment kits
Lubrication and greasing
- Measuring tools – Proper use and application of various measuring tools
- Pipework and flanged connections – breaking, spading and installation
Electrical drive motors – Installation and lubrication
- Valves – Repairs and installation
- Cranes – Repairs and overhauling
- Fresh Water Maker – Repairs and maintenance
- Diesel Engines – Maintenance, repairs and overhauling
- Organises and performs on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility
- assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that Company’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Ensures that all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in strict compliance with company operating procedures and any relevant statutory legislation to maintain all such equipment in sound and safe operating condition.
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them, and suggests improvements
- Ensures adequate risk assessments and pre-work meetings for all activities and that all technicians directly under his responsibility contribute and comply with the risk assessments and pre-work meetings.
- Ensures adequate PPE and procedures are provided or generated for the tasks to be actioned.
Actions numerous ite checks to ensure safe working practices
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programs and if need be, suggests improvements
- Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts,
Suggests improvements and requests modifications.
Context and Environment:
- Position offshore on the FPSO
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND), Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent including City & Guilds (C&G) Finals with a minimum of Upper Credit in Mechanical Engineering Technology. (HND / HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS / DUT or equivalent)
- Participation in a recognized Trade Apprenticeship or verified technician training scheme is an added advantage.
- One (1) to ten (10) years’ experience in offshore or land based oil and gas production operations and maintenance
- Offshore Documents – HUET / BOSIET
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams. Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the maintenance field of hydraulic systems
Specific Technical Knowledge
- Mechanical Tech: – Pumps, Compressors, Valves, Pipework, HVAC equipment, Electrical drive motors, etc
- Physical ability to go regularly to the installations and work there in the climatic conditions of the site.
- Languages: English necessary – score of >> 3.5 in standard Total test or Bright test or 780 in TOEIC, French an advantage.
- Aero Derivative Gas Generators (Rolls Royce RB211 preferably), Compressors, Firewater pumps, HP Barrel pumps, Submersible water pumps, Process and Utilities Valves (all types), Diesel Generators, etc
- An ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and contractors
- F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
Minimum level of experience required:
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply