Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Reference ID: Okpella – 0009
Location: Okpella, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: DCP – Operations
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to fabrication, installation, maintenance, repair and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Shift Technicians to identify problematic equipment nd machines in the plant and effect repairs promptly.
- Implement SOP’s for maintenance.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections, and adjustments.
- Replace minor fixtures in the plant machines.
- Participate in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Enter data into ERP system (e.g., SAP) for spares and consumables.
- Execute corrective maintenance on all assigned equipment and machines in a timely manner.
- Assist to ensure safety precautions are observed and personal protection equipment’s are worn during repairs or scheduled maintenance.
- Take inventory of working tools weekly to ensure that it matches the original tool list provided.
Education and Work Experience:
- Trade Test I in Mechanical related Trade with 8 years relevant work experience.
- OND Mechanical Engineering.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of cement production process
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Problem-solving skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply