Tomato Jos is a private equity backed, fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years. We source tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and make high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa. We currently operate a 500Ha commercial farm and run a successful smallholder program with over 500 farmers. In 2020, the company built a tomato processing facility and we will conduct our first production run in Q1/Q2 2021, with an aim to launch our first retail packaged product later this year. Tomato Jos has four key values: We care about the company; We care about each other; We are problem solvers and We are humble.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Drafting communications strategy, merchandising, training tools and related activities for the product.
- Managing all exclusive marketing, selected advertising and promotional activities across all sales channels.
- Creating promotional forecasts and tracking promotional performance while working closely with sales to develop key account specific initiatives.
- Monitoring the promotion progress with timely tracking on sales order, budget, display materials, off-take performance.
- Identifying and developing programs and tools to increase brand presence, market share and improve customer satisfaction
- Monitoring and evaluating marketing programs and activities to measure effectiveness and recommendation of improvements as needed.
- Developing, proposing and managing the promotion expense budget.
- Planning marketing and promotion timelines for the all brands in close coordination with the sales team.
- Acting as brand custodian; ensuring that brand saliency is maintained at all points.
- Liaising with brand team to develop brand thematic promotion plan in line with brand strategy.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience / Skills Required for the Job
- A First Degree.
- 5-7 years of work experience, 5 of which should be a managerial role in a Marketing position in an FMCG
- Strong Market Knowledge.
- Knowledge of Consumer Insights.
- Category Management.
Expected Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in building and maintaining Strong Customer Relationships.
- Must possess good analytical and computing skills.
- You are able to present products and ideas with ease, confidence, and persistence.
- Familiarity with Food channels across Nigeria
- Territory Management Skills (customer/outlet mapping, call/route plan, volume planning, Market Analysis).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and current resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 6th May, 2022.