Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on-trade-dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Category Specialist, Liquids
Reference ID: JR1070630
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- As the custodians of iconic brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, at Diageo, we source, produce and deliver 6.5 billion litres of world-leading products every year, across 180 markets globally.
- The commercial challenges here are large, diverse and endlessly fascinating. Never more so than in Procurement.
- We always want to be the best and, along with engaging the best talent to work with the best products, this is how we attempt to do it.
- Ultimately, this is about people as much as numbers. We build great relationships internally and externally – so we understand our needs and how to meet them, Every time.
- Join us in Procurement and, if you are driven, resilient and share our pioneering spirit, there is a world of opportunity here for you.
- As an organisation, we spend over £5 billion per year. And as the driving force in this expenditure, our Procurement teams make a far-reaching contribution to our business, efficiency and growth goals – right across the globe.
- Premium quality and end-to-end, balanced value are how we measure our success – across services, partnerships and products.
About the Role
- The Market Category Specialist helps to deliver Procurement outcomes for Diageo within one or more categories of spend, through effective business partnering and collaboration across Procurement Centres of excellence.
You will be responsible for:
- Applying strategic procurement excellence, through creation of or support in creation of category strategies built on Diageo’s best methods, standards and tools, to deliver procurement value.
- Leading or supporting Sourcing activities for specific categories of spend procured in Africa.
- Supporting end-to-end execution of category strategies, working with global and other market category professionals in line with strategy.
- Work dynamically across categories in flexible resource pools where they are already established & pro-actively look for opportunities where flexible resourcing could be set-up.
- Developing subject-matter expertise for specific spend categories, supporting collection and leverage of supply market expertise and clear direction to Analysts for development and application of supply market data and information to strategy development and sourcing.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Build, lead and grow expertise in the various spend categories, including understanding of supply markets, suppliers, partners and how to negotiate supply and demand.
- Become an expert and share with others in a global community of category professionals. Apply expertise and standards to identify and win new value for Diageo.
- Lead development of outstanding market data and knowledge, category strategies and sourcing events by applying Diageo standards for category excellence.
- Contribute to improvement of existing and development of new tools & techniques.
- In close alignment with category managers, develop and grow relationships with collaborators, partners and suppliers for deeper insights into needs and capabilities; articulate requirements and deliver insights for greater value from collaborations.
- Implement sourcing activities for CM2 (above-market leverage) and CM1 (truly market-specific) spend categories. Engage community members as required, apply Diageo Procurement standard.
- Graduate or its equivalent qualification and member of professional body, e.g., CIPS
- 2 – 3 years validated experience in Procurement, Finance, FMCG Commercial or other relevant role, with subject-matter expertise in supply markets and spend categories essential to the role
- Track record of generating insights to influence decision-making; good commercial competence
- Good systems knowledge (esp. SAP, PRDM, M/S Office, E-collaborate or similar systems & tools)
- Strong verbal, written and presentation; Communication skills
- Consistent performance and delivery.
- Demonstrated performance in projects and in cross-market teams, experience developing and performing category and procurement strategies, handling and negotiating with suppliers
- Strong analytical and financial awareness including a strong understanding of AOP requirements and financial goals & value drivers relevant to the categories in scope
Category-specific / Market-specific requirements:
Join us and you can also expect a highly competitive and flexible rewards and benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply