9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, VAS & Digital Services
Job ID: IRC4260
Location: Lagos, NG
- Ensure approved Digital services are rolled out and their lifecycles effectively managed through strategic supervision and project leadership of the Digital Services team.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the development of concepts for all EMTS’s portal and VAS content.
- Assist in the continuous review of the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate the development and deployment of the Digital services roadmap and strategy while ensuring alignment with EMTS-9mobile’s overall business objectives and targets
- Develop initiatives and strategies to drive the uptake of Digital Services on the network
- Drive cross-functional working relationships with Engineering, Quality Assurance, and various Commercial teams to scope, plan and deliver new Digital initiatives
- Continuously review unit activities, make recommendations for improvement, and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team
- Co-ordinate the development of unit processes, procedures & policies, and ensure conformity by all unit members and other stakeholders
- Review the technical implementation plan for Digital Services including identified potential barriers and recommended solutions
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit.
- Prepare / compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Digital Services.
- Review and provide input in the development of propositions and business cases for up-to-date innovations in Digital Services, and proffer recommendations to the Head Digital Services.
- Co-ordinate implementation of all projects related to the development of Digital Services, and ensure timely completion and compliance with quality standards
- Co-ordinate the evaluation and management of Mobile Application Service Providers (MASPs) as well as Digital Services provided by MASPs prior to launch on the network
- Liaise and manage relationships with third party content providers and ensure adherence to all copyright and other relevant laws.
- Drive engagement with Business Development to prioritize partnership opportunities and integrate with multiple external partners
- Assist in developing propositions for up-to-date innovations in website/corporate portal and VAS content and proffer recommendations to the Head, Digital Services.
- Ensure the implementation of all projects related to the development of EMTS’s website / corporate portal and VAS content and ensure timely completion/compliance to quality standards.
- Ensure that content providers comply with agreed service levels especially as it relates to quality.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head, Digital Services
- First Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply