Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO) is a venture from the Sandesara Group, diversified in Petroleum Exploration and Production. The Sandesara Group has many successful and diversified ventures, Leading ventures of Sandesara Group are Sterling Biotech Limited (the flag-ship company is listed on NSE and BSE in India), Luxembourg in Europe and Singapore in Asia. PMT Machine Tools Limited, Sterling SEZ Limited, Sterling Ports Limited, Sterling International Enterprises Limited.
The Sandesara group has businesses in 4 continents namely Asia, North America, Europe and Africa The Sandesara group has ventured into Petroleum Exploration and Production in 2006 by establishing Sterling’s footprint as an Operator in an OPEC country, Nigeria. Led by the dynamic and pragmatic founder promoter and leader Mr. Nitin Sandesara as Chairman, The Sandesara group will demonstrate the slogan “Success is Natural”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Financial Modelling & Financial Management
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Line: Head of Department – Finance & Accounts
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Build, modify, audit and operate Microsoft Excel based Financial, Economic and Quantitative Models to support:
- Business, operational and financial decision making
- Techno-commercial feasibility studies for new projects or business diversification and business expansion projects
- Cost-benefit analysis for multiple options of business ventures and business investments
- Optimisation of Capital Mix decisions (Debt, Equity, Working Capital, Fixed Capital etc.)
- Simulation analysis for different forecasting scenarios with respect to Macroeconomic factors, Market Environment and Industry specific Market Factors, internal technical and operational parameters and factors, business volumes or output
- Forecasting of Financial Statements (P&L A/C, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow / Fund Flow Statements etc.) and support Budgetary Control process
- Build excel based quantitative and financial models for Upstream, Midstream and Downstream Oil & Gas Businesses following the conditions and the logic as stipulated in the relevant commercial agreements and arrangements related to:
- Cash Waterfall Sequencing (Revenue, Opex., Taxes, Transfer to designated reserve accounts, Cost Recovery, Financing Charges, Profit Distribution etc.)
- Funding of the Project and repayment of Debt Financing / Advance through Cost Recovery Mechanism
- Computation of financing cost and payment of financing cost
- Computation of various forms of taxes, depreciation schedules etc. (based on Contractual arrangements as well as relevant statutory provisions)
- Distribution of Surplus funds at various stages to various stakeholders such as Service Providers, Govt. Agencies, Financiers, Shareholders etc. as per the
- Provide relevant support to track, forecast and report on the progress of the payments and calculations relating to Cost Recovery and Compensation.
- Apply appropriate sensitivity and scenario analysis to support model outcomes and decisions
- Financial & Commercial Due Diligence on new deals and new projects
- Developing, reviewing and negotiating financial and commercial terms and conditions in agreements
- Financial and cost management of new projects
- Supporting vendor, partner, customer negotiations as a financial and commercial specialist
- Using the model, determine and advice on the likelihood of a shortfall in internal rate of return (IRR) related to the project
- Integration of Excel Models, as a Business and Financial Analyst, and not as an IT Database Specialist, with Corporate Data Warehouses and data from Transaction Processing and Business Intelligence Systems (ERP and BI Systems)
- Design, build and implement other financial & business models as may be directed by Senior Management
- Identify key financial and non-financial risks and recommend actions for mitigating those risk
Job Knowledge and Experience
- B.Sc Accounting or Finance or Business Management.
- An MBA with specialization in Finance or a Professional Accounting or CPA, CFA or CA.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, with ability to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on key business issues.
- Deep and advanced Excel modelling skills. Proficiency in VBA (added advantage)
- Statistical Analysis Tools like SAAS etc additional advantage
- Must be a good team player with positive energy.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- 6 – 9 years of relevant specialist experience as a Financial Manager and Financial Modeler, additional generic experience in financial controllership and accounting functions is desirable.
- Prior experience in large Upstream oil and gas industry companies or in a reputed investment bank or a Big 4 Consulting Organisation will be highly desirable
Key Interfaces Internal:
- Senior Management
- CFO/Head of Finance & Accounts
- Project Head (Technical) and Project Technical & Operations Team
- Legal & Commercial Department
- Business Development Department
- Corporate Finance & Treasury
- Corporate Finance & Accounts
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply