St. Saviour’s School Ebute – Metta, the pioneer School of the St. Saviour’s Schools (St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta and St. Saviour’s School, Ikoyi) was founded in 1951 and for 47 years provided quality education to primary school-age children. In 1998 the St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta in a bid to continue nurturing children, started the nursery school and today proudly provides an enabling environment which inspires excellence and lifelong learning to children between ages 3 and 11.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Officer
Location: Ebute – Metta, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Accountable to: Head, Administrative
- To perform general maintenance and repairs for the school’s equipment, buildings, and machines including plumbing work, basic carpentry, electrical repairs, and air conditioning system maintenance.
- To check that all electrical fixtures and fittings are in a safe working condition at the start of each day.
- Inspect and identify equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Plan repair work using buildings blueprints or equipment manual as needed.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Cleans and assists with the upkeep of the facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
- To inform the Head, Administration of any electrical repairs that need to be undertaken and to complete these tasks with immediate effect.
- To inform the Head, Administration of any electrical faults that may pose a danger to the children and staff.
- To ensure there is a consistent power supply to the school by reverting to the generator when the PHCN supply fails.
- To check the supply of diesel and inform the Administrative Secretary when there is 1 weeks supply left.
- Before starting any electrical work to check that all safety procedures are in place and to repeat these checks before any current is re-connected.
- To check daily that all classroom fixtures and fittings are in good working order.
- Carry out repairs to classroom fixtures and fittings and where needed inform the Administrative Secretary if additional technicians, carpenters etc are required.
- Check the Maintenance Book daily and prioritise the work that needs to be carried out.
- Check that all plumbing is in good functional order and to undertake the necessary repairs.
- Undertake regular inspections of all septic tanks to ensure that the levels do not pose a health risk.
- Ensure that the works for the summer vacation are completed before the school resumes for the new session.
- Provide receipts for any good purchased.
- Operate and maintain the school generators.
- Ensure safety and proper use of the generator by:
- Checking fuel and oil gauges before switching on
- Switching off all air conditioners, fridges and fans before switching on the generator
- Switch off the generator and change to NEPA power supply as soon as public power is restored
- Report immediately any malfunctioning or unusual sound or fluctuation or smell from the generator
- Undertake specific duties at whole school functions and events that may be regarded as within the duties of this post.
- Always dress neatly and uphold the name of the school.
- To undertake such duties that may be reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties of the post. Any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- Keepmaintenance logsand report on daily.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head, Administration.
Qualification and Requirements
- On-the-job training offered.
- Minimum of 3 previous experience in maintenance
- Knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems
- Knowledge of general carpentry and repair
- Ability to use various hand and power tools
- Ability to read technical/repair manuals and drawings blueprints
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Problem solving
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Result oriented
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Costs and spending.
- Safety and compliance.
- Asset performance.
- Work order management.
- Inventory management.
Deadline: 21st July, 2021.