OVH Energy is the company behind the Oando retail brand in Nigeria. We are an indigenous marketer of choice providing trusted petroleum products and services. As a leading indigenous marketer of choice, we provide trusted petroleum products and services in Nigeria. Our expertise spans across the provision of jetty services and the marketing and distribution of refined petroleum products for retail, commercial and industrial purposes.
We provide solutions for a wide range of energy needs through our subsidiaries: OVH Energy Marketing (OVHEM) Limited, licensee of the Oando retail brand and ASPM Limited, custodians of the Lagos Midstream Jetty, also known as West Africa’s First Privately Owned Midstream Jetty.
Through our Oando retail brand, OVH Energy has enriched Nigeria’s downstream sector and established an unparalleled supply footprint, distributing over 1 billion litres of refined petroleum products annually. ASPM Limited is focused on strengthening Nigeria’s downstream value chain through Lagos Midstream Jetty (LMJ).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Job type: Full-time
- Responsible for the functional availability of all operating equipment and infrastructure within assigned terminal/jetty.
- The Position Holder would also be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of all technical and operating assets of the Mid-stream Jetty, Control Facility and Marketers’ Skids.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and systematically maintain aggressive/predictive maintenance schedules at the Jetty and terminal Control centers to ensure hitch free Vessel receipt activities.
- Maintain regular service program for all ASPM equipment in order to maintain maximum possible efficiency of the equipment.
- Monitor the efficient and correct use of all equipment within the jetty and terminals.
- Advise Tender Committee on technical issues.
- Ensure prompt completion of all maintenance and project works within the jetty, control center and marketers’ skids with minimum disruption to vessel receipt operations.
- Provide operational support for the vessel berthing and discharge operations chain.
- Certify that all completed contracts and jobs within the jetty, control center and marketers’ skids meet the required statutory and industry standards.
- Maintenance of Building Services task.
- Ensure that the Maintenance Crew adheres strictly to Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Participate in the FEED of all engineering projects related to the ASPM Facilities
- Ensure adequate monitoring and supervision of projects at the Jetty, Control Centre and Marketers’ Skids
- Recommend and generate reports for the phasing out of obsolete equipment as necessary.
- Ensure the use of competent contractors for jobs beyond the ability of the maintenance crew
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly maintenance reports to the Jetty Manager
Working Conditions and Operating Environment:
- May need to manage steep timelines
- Drive cost-savings whilst maintaining or even exceeding set standards.
- Additional work hours may be required.
- Primary work based in marine environment (mid-stream jetty), product storage terminals and pipeline distribution facilities.
Qualifications / ceretifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Petroleum or Chemical Engineering
- Professional membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers
- 5 – 8 years of core experience in a similar role (preferably within the oil and gas industry)
- Analytical Thinking
- Leading and Developing Others
- Team Working
- Communicating Effectively
- Relationship-Building for Influence.
- Technical Writing
- Project Management
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Value Engineering
- Knowledge and Usage of Engineering Tools
- Engineering Materials
- Power and Energy Systems
- Control Theory and Systems.
- Quality Management
- Vendor Management
- Reliability, Safety and Failure Analysis
- Engineering Knowledge
- Engineering Design
- Healthcare insurance for Staff, spouse, and a maximum of four (4) children
- Generous Employer Pension Contribution
- Group-Life Coverage
- Club Subscription
- Education Grant.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply