Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Loss Prevention Officer
Job Number: 21017950
Location: Four Points by Sheraton – Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Loss Prevention & Security
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Non Management
The impact you’ll make:
- Your watchful eye and protective instinct go far beyond basic.
- Because of you, our guests can come and go freely without worry.
- Your dedication to safety provides the guest the same sense of security as they feel in their own home.
What you’ll do:
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
- Patrol all areas of the property and assist guests with room access
- Defuse guest disturbances and escort individuals from the property if necessary
- Conduct investigations, gather evidence and facilitate interviews with relevant parties
- Complete required shift reports and maintain the confidentiality of all loss prevention documents
- Monitor security feeds and conducts daily physical hazard inspections
- Respond to accidents and assist guests/employees during emergency situations
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communication skills.
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain a professional demeanor.
- A history of thriving in stressful situations.
- A team-first attitude.
- This role requires compliance with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- You may be required to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and assist with moving objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Perks you deserve
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Team-spirited coworkers
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Encouraging management
- Wellbeing programs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law