SKLD integrated Services LLC is Nigeria’s leading provider of relief products and solutions to local and international organizations engaged in development work, emergency interventions and crisis management. SKLD was formerly operating under the name School Kits Limited, an integrated educational supplies company which was launched in 2000 in Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- The ideal candidate is responsible for providing logistic support for the warehouse and provide oversight for the logistic processes. He is responsible for the planning, oversight, and management and coordination of logistics support operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of projects.
- Liaise with the warehouse manager to ensure that logistics is catered for and there are no gaps with deliveries.
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low
- Maintain quality throughout the logistic processes
- Study work orders to determine department-specific logistic requirements.
- Coordinate activities with procurement officers to ensure timely order placement of required items.
- Create and maintain contingency plans to ensure that all implemented logistic programs work successfully.
- Organize shipment and coordinate drivers and vehicles to ensure timely and accurate delivery of items.
- Liaise with regional teams to ensure appropriate procurement of goods and work towards cost-effectiveness of logistical systems.
- Perform follow up and tracking activities to determine shipment status.
- Oversee the coordination of logistics and movement of inventories across all outlets and office locations.
- Ensure optimal use of all available vehicles and motorcycles.
- Ensure timely maintenance / servicing of all company vehicles to include insurance renewals and licenses.
- Address shipment and procurement issues such as delays and inaccuracies according to company protocols.
- Handle freight rates, cost analysis, routing, and scheduling logistics.
- Ensure that all aspects of logistic teams such as shipping, warehousing, and procurement are working in sync with each other.
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc
- Previous work experience as a Logistics Officer (2-3 years).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Proficient computer skills, including Office management software and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Ability to make sound judgement calls and attention to detail.
- Excellent negotiation skills and good market knowledge.
- Excellent Customer service.
- Organization, time management, prioritizing and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
N85,000 – N100,00 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 12th August, 2021.