UP otherwise known as Unified Payment Services Limited is Nigeria’s premier Payments & Financial Technology company founded in 1997 by a consortium of leading Nigerian banks. UP operates as a shared infrastructure for the banking community in Nigeria and Payments Service Provider within and outside Nigeria, with a vision to be the most preferred e-payment service provider in Africa.
In line with our growth strategy propelled by our various innovative products and ownership of different technologies, we seek to recruit talented individuals who are seeking a long-term career with our organization for a period not less than 3 years, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure that the Company’s interests are protected in all legal issues.
- To prepare/review all legal documents between the Company and clients, customers, vendors, partners, etc
- To work with external solicitors to ensure promt and satisfactory delivery on matters outsourced to extenal solicitors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft and/or review all contracts involving the Company to ensure that the terms are acceptable and favourable to the Company.
- Relating with the regulatory authorities and filing returns where necessary
- Ensuring legal and other regulatory compliance
- Legal advisory services.
- Ensure that proper custody is kept of all business instruments and executed contracts involving the Company.
- Relating with and assisting external solicitors in handling matters for the company
- Interested candidates should possess a BL / LL.B Degree.
- 7 to 10 years post call experience with at least the last five years in financial service or fintech industry or a reputable commercial law firm.
- Thorough understanding of basic legal principles; good knowledge of Law of Contract, Company Law Practice; Legal Drafting etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only candidates with the stated experience should apply
Application Deadline 20th August, 2021.