Mono helps businesses in Africa access financial accounts for financial data and payments. Businesses of all sizes in Africa use our platform to retrieve account details, transactions and move money, reliably and securely, including Carbon, Renmoney, Inflow Finance, Tangerine Insurance, and many others.
In almost a year, we’ve introduced a steady cadence of innovations, such as statement pages, a no-code tool to retrieve bank statements, and much more. We’ve connected to 10% of all active bank accounts in Nigeria, and our investors include YCombinator, Entree Capital, and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal and Regulatory Counsel
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage;
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- A high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- MacBook pro
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Pension Plan (If you’re based in Nigeria)
- Free Launch (If you’re based in Nigeria)
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!
- Once you’re done applying, please complete this assessment test. Take your time to get ready; it takes 15 minutes to complete but it’s a little challenging and fast-paced.