Tomato Jos is private equity-backed, a fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years. We source tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and make high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa. We currently operate a 500Ha commercial farm and run a successful smallholder program with over 500 farmers. In 2020, the company built a tomato processing facility and we will conduct our first production run in Q1/Q2 2021, with an aim to launch our first retail packaged product later this year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Harvesting and Clearing Operator
Employment Type: Full Time
- Work closely with the harvest supervisor to conduct and coordinate all crop harvest on TJ fields inclusive of the small holders
- Work closely with harvest supervisor during harvest period to manage the day-to-day harvest operations by budgeting, scheduling, and coordinating staff, hired laborer’s, and assets of the operations unit.
- Assign farmers, hired laborers, and field supervisors to their respective fields as directed by the harvest supervisor
- Ensure to explain to the farmers, field supervisors, and the hired laborers the tomato color chart and the picking process daily just before each pick. in case of maize harvest, all the plucking processes.
- Provide the harvest supervisor with a daily record of the number of crate/baskets of tomato, and bags for all grains harvested per farmer or field.
- Responsible for the quality of harvested products delivered to the factory or customers. relays concerns and adverse conditions or results to the harvest supervisor and operations manager.
- Work with the harvest supervisor to manage, organize and take responsibility for labor requirements for harvest on all TJ and OG fields.
- Work with the harvest supervisor and the logistic team to plan day-to-day order fulfillment to the factory or sales team.
- Provide the harvesting supervisor and the finance team with the daily actual labor claims of the hired laborers for payment.
- Work with the harvesting supervisor to provide the operations manager with all the procurement needs and tools for each scheduled harvest.
- Ensure harvest crates, containers, and other tools are washed or cleaned and properly stored at the end of harvest.
- Establish clear communication with all harvest personnel assigned.
- Acknowledge and obey all company safety and food safety rules and regulations, at all times working in a safe and legal manner.
- Report all injuries and accidents immediately to the Harvest Supervisor and HR. Manager.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND qualification with 1 – 3 years work experience.
Job Title: Senior Farm Operations Operator
Employment Type: Full-time
- Possess experience in operating a variety of heavy equipment for land clearing and expansions such as bull dozer, excavators, backhoes and tractors fitted with GPS devices.
- Coordinate a daily scheduled operation of all the equipment’s in the unit, inspect, troubleshoot and resolve operational issues
- Operate a tractor to disc harrow a field, pull beds, make drainages, spread manure, level fields, roads and pull a variety of farm implements.
- Perform routine inspections, documentation and maintenance on equipment’s; reports defects and repairs to maintenance department
- Conduct formal on-the spot training on equipment operation, maintenance and safety procedures
- Train both new and old staff on equipment operations and safety procedures
- Accurately document daily work activities and diesel consumption for all equipment’s in the unit
- Track and keep accurate record of all equipment request by other department or organizations from the unit
- Perform standby duty, during non-duty hours, as assigned
- Transport heavy equipment’s to various sites or locations.
- Candidates should possess an OND / Bachelor’s Degree / HND qualification with 2 – 6 years work experience.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 30th May, 2021.